Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo Magazine Devialet 210 Pro Review
Hi @K4680, thanks for sharing your findings! So, small differences, if any! This is of course interesting especially for those who can’t just reverse a schuko plug (UK, US, etc.) like we can. I agree, differences could vary significantly between different designs (SMPS vs heavy transformer based PSU’s), devices etc.

Years back I used a device (can’t remember the brand) I lent which actually measured things (maybe leakage currents or differences in potential between protective earth and the live/neutral poles) and for some devices it could not indicate the right side, including the Devialet (non-Pro back then). Since the device was so easy to use I used it on every device in my home. Big Grin

PS: Since you quoted my post; my little bit of sarcasm was directed at Greg BTW (who we seemed to bore or whatever with our friendly discussion), not you. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
The device I mentioned in my previous post was the Oehlbach Phaser (phase detector).

https://www.oehlbach.com/en/audio-equip/power/phaser
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(07-Jul-2020, 16:59)Antoine Wrote: The device I mentioned in my previous post was the Oehlbach Phaser (phase detector).

https://www.oehlbach.com/en/audio-equip/power/phaser

Hello Antoine, didn't feel touched! Wink
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Today I checked the polarity (ground, null, line) for several cables I have around the house, such as those used to power Devialet ("Plug Type E" to "IEC C13"). I was surprised to find that there is no standard respected by all manufacturers. With "Plug Type E" inserted in the wall socket identically, at the "IEC C13" connector the result is not the same: about half of the cables carry the "line" cable on the "line" pin, and the other half lead the "line" cable on the "null" pin ("line" and "null" are reversed).

For those who want to have the correct polarity in the devices, I advise them to check it right at the connector in the device, and not to rely on the polarity of the connector on the wall outlet.
(14-Aug-2020, 16:18)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: Today I checked the polarity (ground, null, line) for several cables I have around the house, such as those used to power Devialet ("Plug Type E" to "IEC C13"). I was surprised to find that there is no standard respected by all manufacturers. With "Plug Type E" inserted in the wall socket identically, at the "IEC C13" connector the result is not the same: about half of the cables carry the "line" cable on the "line" pin, and the other half lead the "line" cable on the "null" pin ("line" and "null" are reversed).

For those who want to have the correct polarity in the devices, I advise them to check it right at the connector in the device, and not to rely on the polarity of the connector on the wall outlet.

Usually, after connecting the cable in the wall socket, i try to find, in the other end of the cable, the "line" (+) in the right hole considering the middle one (ground) turned at the top. That´s the process i learn long time ago and i hope it´s right.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
Your process is right, but not all cables are right..