Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo Phantoms without Dialog possible?
(21-Oct-2015, 15:29)hydr Wrote:
(20-Oct-2015, 22:54)ogs Wrote: Congrats! Hope you'll be happy for a long time Smile   Phantom Silvers are high on my list. Even my wife would love to have a pair in our living room!

I had lag and stuttering, so I re-arrange the whole living room just so I could have the same power outlet + wifirouter + optical cable on the same location. Only to forget to connect the optical cable, making me realise it was possible all along with just ethernet/power to the dialog.. Hehe, I could have saved a couple of hours re-arranging my whole living room and just added the Dialog close to the router and been done with it.

Learning by the minute... No stuttering or lag now, sound excellent! Love it!

I m not sure by what you are referring to by "running sound via Ethernet"... I use a PC for instance with top digital source but it does not route sound via Ethernet... it needs a sound card of some sort, i.e. I use a Traktor S5, which is top digital quality HW (even though it connects to Dialog via Optical and a DAC)...
Now recently the "family" aka Dialog + 2 x Premiers develop a disease which made them unusable because sound kept cutting off so very slightly like a record that jumped (remember the  in the good old days)... It is awful and I am thinking my repeater to my router may be the culprit for some reason... When I reboot router and repeater it seems to disappear for a while... Devialet really needs to rethink the sound routing seriously as their system is very fragile imho...

If you have any input regarding this I am all ears... My router/modem is brand new but the repeater is fairly old and maybe something is causing a lot or unnecessary traffic (error etc.) which could be influencing the traffic to the Premiers from Dialog?? Let me know here if you ever solved such issue..
You can run sound via ethernet if you use Dante: https://www.audinate.com/meet-dante/what-is-dante