Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo Setup without a Network?
Hi, I have purchased two reactors for my Shaman to use during ayahuasca ceremonies.  We have the speakers stereo paired, and we are having issues with the music dropping/glitching out over wifi.  This is a problem as he can't be troubleshooting the issue in the middle of the ceremony. It's really frustrating for the attendees when the music glitches in the middle of the ceremony.  He's not tech-savvy, so I need to find a super stable, easy to set up/takedown solution for him.  We have confirmed we are running the latest firmware, and Devialet support has been no help.  Ideally, we would like to find a wired solution to stop the dropping/glitching.  The audio source is an iPhone.  What would be the best way to have cables for connectivity rather than wireless?  We have a lightning to 3.5mm adapter and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, but not sure what's best for connecting the two reactors together.  Would an ethernet cable suffice?  

Goals:
- Stereo sound without a network
- No dropping/glitching of music
- A solution that is easy to take down/setup 
- A solution that's wire-based, not network/wifi based
- iPhone source

Sorry if this has been answered before; I tried searching but didn't have any luck.   

Thanks in advance!
Try to use an ethernet cable between the speakers. If you want a trouble free setup Devialet is unfortunately not the way to go.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I suggest setting up the reactors using Dante and eliminating the use of Devialet's software to manage the speakers.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
Suggest getting a wifi router and set it up with dhcp to be used by the Reactors and iPhone in the same room, next to them. With such a strong signal, dropouts are less likely. To remove any dropouts between the Reactors, use Ethernet cables to connect to the wifi router (which should have at least 2 ethernet ports). If there are still dropouts, then get a Ligtning to optical converter and feed optical to a Reactor.

If all this still fails, then go the Dante solution suggested by njaiswal which will even require more bits.
(14-Dec-2020, 09:27)Snoopy8 Wrote: Suggest getting a wifi router and set it up with dhcp to be used by the Reactors and iPhone in the same room, next to them.  With such a strong signal, dropouts are less likely.  To remove any dropouts between the Reactors, use Ethernet cables to connect to the wifi router (which should have at least 2 ethernet ports).  If there are still dropouts, then get a Ligtning to optical converter and feed optical to a Reactor.

If all this still fails, then go the Dante solution suggested by njaiswal which will even require more bits.

Just an update, we added an ethernet cable between the speakers and that seems to have fixed the dropouts for now.  So our new setup is:

iPhone Lightning to 3.5mm going into Reactor, ethernet between the Reactors.  Version 2 that we will try later I think will be Lightning to USB converter to Optical Converter to Reactor, ethernet between the reactors.  

Thanks for the help!
(14-Dec-2020, 19:35)choppedsui Wrote: Just an update, we added an ethernet cable between the speakers and that seems to have fixed the dropouts for now.
Good to know that the Reactors are smart enough to detect the Ethernet cable, even though they connected intially with WiFi.

You should download a phone app eg. WiFi analyser on Android, to measure how strong the signal is and whether there are competing signals on the same channels 3, 7, 11. Using any other channel can cause more problems because it can be interfered more.
(12-Dec-2020, 18:45)choppedsui Wrote: Hi, I have purchased two reactors for my Shaman to use during ayahuasca ceremonies.  We have the speakers stereo paired, and we are having issues with the music dropping/glitching out over wifi.  This is a problem as he can't be troubleshooting the issue in the middle of the ceremony. It's really frustrating for the attendees when the music glitches in the middle of the ceremony.  He's not tech-savvy, so I need to find a super stable, easy to set up/takedown solution for him.  We have confirmed we are running the latest firmware, and Devialet support has been no help.  Ideally, we would like to find a wired solution to stop the dropping/glitching.  The audio source is an iPhone.  What would be the best way to have cables for connectivity rather than wireless?  We have a lightning to 3.5mm adapter and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, but not sure what's best for connecting the two reactors together.  Would an ethernet cable suffice?  

Goals:
- iPhone source

Sorry if this has been answered before; I tried searching but didn't have any luck.   

Thanks in advance!

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-A-Few-Qu...0#pid97020

Digital: Tidal,Qobuz ROON on NUC 8i3 | Analog: Pro-Ject Xtension 10 evolution, Van den Hul Colibri XGW Stradivarius MS  | Devialet 440 pro Ci (2x220) Speaker: Magico S7 M-Coat | Cable: Mit evo one | Power: PSaudio PS12, Keces P8-2, Shunyata Delta EF | Headphone: Audeze MX4, Chord Hugo2 | 2x Devialet Reactor 900 on Ipod 
(15-Dec-2020, 16:17)jvoki Wrote:
(12-Dec-2020, 18:45)choppedsui Wrote: Hi, I have purchased two reactors for my Shaman to use during ayahuasca ceremonies.  We have the speakers stereo paired, and we are having issues with the music dropping/glitching out over wifi.  This is a problem as he can't be troubleshooting the issue in the middle of the ceremony. It's really frustrating for the attendees when the music glitches in the middle of the ceremony.  He's not tech-savvy, so I need to find a super stable, easy to set up/takedown solution for him.  We have confirmed we are running the latest firmware, and Devialet support has been no help.  Ideally, we would like to find a wired solution to stop the dropping/glitching.  The audio source is an iPhone.  What would be the best way to have cables for connectivity rather than wireless?  We have a lightning to 3.5mm adapter and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, but not sure what's best for connecting the two reactors together.  Would an ethernet cable suffice?  

Goals:
- iPhone source

Thanks in advance!

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-A-Few-Qu...0#pid97020
Connecting with ethernet cable is helpful. But if cabling together isn't the look you want then I would make sure you audio is downloaded to your phone and then do whatever you can to make sure wifi or phone network is as strong as possible. Another option would be to buy a CD player and connect via optical and just play a CD through reactors that would prevent any network/phone issues.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk