Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo sub out
Hello

I am new here. A have been waiting since the first D-premier to get my Devialet. But I thought that before I buy I will wait till they have solved the Air issue, - hm, it does not look like they ever will.......

In the meantime the D 400 has come up, and it certainly looks appealing and might be a better deal than a lonely D 250. The other night I spend some time on the configurater but could not get what I wanted. Does any of you D 400 or D 800 users use the crossover filtering ?
Stereo main speakers with stereo subs, amplified with their own amps ?
Does anybody use Quad esl 63 or other quad models ?

Best regards
Hello Jorgen,

Welcome to the forum!

I have a 400 which I use with a sub (albeit mono) in a similar configuration to what you described above. The sub/pre-out is low-pass filtered, and the main speaker output is high-pass filtered when the pre-out is enabled (full-range when pre-out is disabled).

Playing around with the on-line configurator, it looks to me as though it should be possible to do the same thing with the pre-out configured in stereo mode.

Did I misunderstand what you were hoping to do? Or is there something specific that the configurator is not allowing you to do that we might be able to help with?

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Hi again

You are right, you just have to click on the slave units sub output, and there you go with the settings....
The amps, ICEPOWER 1000, do not have their own volume settings, I wonder if it is possible to configurate the remote, to be able to adjust volume settings separate for the stereo subout on the fly ?

Jorgen
i have the sub/pre out on low pass 55hz should i set my speakers on high pass at 55z