Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo sync
(10-Dec-2019, 08:57)tsmithpam Wrote: Arrived! But just as I got to leave for work! Typical. Pleased to have a response in a couple of days though. Will push through tonight and let you know if fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arrived to me as well and...jus like you this morning before leaving home. I’ll be out of home for a couple of days so I will apply the instructions when back. Let me know how it worked for you.

For the benefit of other persons who suffer the sync/airplay issue, here what Devialet CS replies after they push the patch update to your devices as per the serial number you provide them through your help request:

——————
Here’s what you have to do to install the fix for your issue:

1. Open the Devialet app in your Phone/Tablet

2. Tap on the wheel located in the upper left corner of your screen (right on top of the “Welcome home” message.

3. Once in the Settings menu, tap on “System update.”

4. After checking for available updates, your app will find the patch and will ask you if you want to download it.

5. Accept and don’t close your app until the process ends.
 ——————
Made the update and working ok so far. Remote now also working again. Cautiously optimistic/ hopefully but noted that the patch that was pushed through only to one phantom only. So I have one on 2.8.5 and one on 2.8.3.

Is this right? It doesn’t feel like it should be different but seems to be working so don’t want to rock the boat unnecessarily..

Any thoughts anyone?

(11-Dec-2019, 20:56)tsmithpam Wrote: Made the update and working ok so far. Remote now also working again. Cautiously optimistic/ hopefully but noted that the patch that was pushed through only to one phantom only. So I have one on 2.8.5 and one on 2.8.3.

Is this right? It doesn’t feel like it should be different but seems to be working so don’t want to rock the boat unnecessarily..

Any thoughts anyone?

Are your two Phantoms of the same vintage?  First four characters of the serial numbers?
>> Suddenly today went out of sync randomly.

Yeah, I'm on 2.8.5 and have lost sync a few times. Never had a sync problem on 1.x

First time I changed from PLC to WiFi and things were stable for a few days. 
Sync failed on WiFi just now and I changed back to PLC and its ok again.

Usually I just power cycle both Phantoms and the Dialog.
So not quite there yet.
(11-Dec-2019, 20:56)tsmithpam Wrote: Made the update and working ok so far. Remote now also working again. Cautiously optimistic/ hopefully but noted that the patch that was pushed through only to one phantom only. So I have one on 2.8.5 and one on 2.8.3.

Any thoughts anyone?

I confirm too. Update was quick and smooth. So far so good.
I own three phantom premiers (two golds playing in stereo, and one classic). I had reported the out of sync problem on the golds and airplay missing from the classic. Now, with the 2.8.5 patch, the classic has Airplay access again. The golds are playing fine and hope they will keep on doing that without anymore “cathedral effect” in the next days. Classic, Golds and Dialog are alla set to 2.8.5 release after the pushed update.

Devialet CS was as usual responsive and supportive (at least in the couple of cases I have reported a problem in these last year I own Devialet products).
(11-Dec-2019, 21:38)struts Wrote:

Any thoughts anyone?

Are your two Phantoms of the same vintage?  First four characters of the serial numbers?

Yep all the same

(11-Dec-2019, 22:37)tsmithpam Wrote:
(11-Dec-2019, 21:38)struts Wrote:

Any thoughts anyone?

Yep all the same

Then I would guess support just made a mistake configuring the CMS to push your download.  Let support know the s/n of the unit that didn't get upgraded.  Sounds like they missed it or made a transcription error.
(11-Dec-2019, 22:43)struts Wrote:
(11-Dec-2019, 22:37)tsmithpam Wrote:
(11-Dec-2019, 21:38)struts Wrote: Are your two Phantoms of the same vintage?  First four characters of the serial numbers?

Yep all the same

Then I would guess support just made a mistake configuring the CMS to push your download.  Let support know the s/n of the unit that didn't get upgraded.  Sounds like they missed it or made a transcription error.

Agreed. Raised a further request. It is the phantom not directly ethernet linked to router so I guess I may need to swap for the push next time.

At least for now both are working and the remote! Long may it last
Cheers

I’ve updated my two Classic Phantoms and Dialog to DOS 2 and generally things are much more stable and balanced. Since updating I have had two instances where the stereo link has been broken although powering off/on of the ‘missing’ phantom has restored stereo. The only thing I’ve noticed about the setup is that while the Phantoms both report being DOS 2.8.5 the Dialog, which I don’t actually need but am keeping for the extra optical port, reports being 2.8.3. I don’t know whether this different version number has anything to do with the instances of broken stereo but do any other users, who have updated Phantoms and Dialog to DOS 2 have this Dialog version difference?
Got the update to 2.8.5 on both phantoms finally. Had to link both by Ethernet to get the upgrade. Now for the listening test over the next few days to see if the stereo sync is fully fixed! Finger crossed.

Good support received from Devialet over the course of this issue so far.