Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stick with Devialet or switch?
I just sold mine, i was happy with the sound but i wasn't happy with the lack of stability and all the recent changes that were made and that resulted to make the whole package even more confusing. I don't know what drives Devialet and where they go.
over 2 years without a single update and then they broke the product even better.
Unfortunately for me there is no competitor so far... I'll wait for a next gen hopping they will learn something.
Please excuse my poor reputation
(11-Feb-2020, 17:22)daibaron Wrote: I just sold mine, i was happy with the sound but i wasn't happy with the lack of stability and all the recent changes that were made and that resulted to make the whole package even more confusing. I don't know what drives Devialet and where they go.
over 2 years without a single update and then they broke the product even better.
Unfortunately for me there is no competitor so far... I'll wait for a next gen hopping they will learn something.
Sorry to see how long time Phantom users abandon their systems because Devialet lacks on delivering and communicating what is their path and future. Great hardware Soundsystem, but lacking on a clear streaming strategy. Currently, they reinvent all the issues with DOS2 they within 3 years step by step solved with DOS1. It seems they replaced their original sw team and the newcomers now repeat what the previous engineers did: beta test half backed and not well tested implementations.
(12-Feb-2020, 22:33)streamy Wrote:
(11-Feb-2020, 17:22)daibaron Wrote: I just sold mine, i was happy with the sound but i wasn't happy with the lack of stability and all the recent changes that were made and that resulted to make the whole package even more confusing. I don't know what drives Devialet and where they go.
Sorry to see how long time Phantom users abandon their systems because Devialet lacks on delivering and communicating what is their path and future. Great hardware Soundsystem, but lacking on a clear streaming strategy. Currently, they reinvent all the issues with DOS2 they within 3 years step by step solved with DOS1. It seems they replaced their original sw team and the newcomers now repeat what the previous engineers did: beta test half backed and not well tested implementations.

Hi folks..... I was a very early adopter (SILVER) was blown away at first, but lost my trust for the company, promises of upgrades, follow ups etc..... nothing.... very disappointed. Paying that sort of money one would expect some kind of "relationship" and trust. None. Sold my speakers. Miss the powerful bass / hate the customer disrespect.