Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stillpoints and Devialet
I am usually a bit of a cynic about these sort of products but a few year ago my dealer give me some stillpoints ultras to try. I had the musical fidelity amp at the time and in my opinion it improved the sound. Not dramatically, but enough for me to buy them.
Then when I got my 200 they didn’t really make a difference so I sold them.
There is no substitute for hearing them in your set up if you can before you buy
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(24-Feb-2018, 09:56)Fragoulisnaval Wrote:
(23-Feb-2018, 23:04)MIO2013 Wrote:
(23-Feb-2018, 11:35)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: @Axel

This is the emi/rfi absorbing sheet from Stillpoints, a gift from my dealer for purchasing the complete set of ultra SS.

I want to pyrchase anotherbone to put it on the top of D, for better shielding.

I do not expect to hear any differences, purely psychological reasons for this purchase....

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Wow, that is quite an elaborate set up you have there. I figured that the amp itself was just too light to make a difference. 

As I wrote, I have some BDR cones and disc's that do a pretty good job with SQ, and great for temp. 

I am going to do some switching back and forth this weekend and make a determination.

Thanks for that input!!

I have
D is too light in my opinion for the ultra SS to work, that is why ibout the three weights on top in order for them to work better.

My plan is to tepace them with something heavier,if possible and with some dampening material, something like the HR stuff I read a review one month ago....

Experimenting is the way to go as far as vibration control is concerned, D could be very well affected depending on the material and way of support. Not much, but smalll differences are there

Have fun and share your experience with us

Cheers!

Well, I took a cue from you Fragoulisnaval ...

After moving around the stillpoints and not getting much of a difference, I added some weight like you did. One on each side but not the front or back. BAM!! I could hear it before I even got back to my sweet spot. The soundstage and voice clarity just popped! Way outside the speakers and way behind the back wall. I was just about to send these back because they are on loan, but I think I will be hanging on to them. Made that much of a difference. 

I also tried your config with the weights, but it flattened out when I put the one in the back like yours. I also tried at all four corners, but got the same thing. Took those out and went back to one in the middle of each side....BAM!

Like you said, experimenting is part of the fun! Thanks for the pics and the suggestion!
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)
(26-Feb-2018, 16:07)MIO2013 Wrote:
(24-Feb-2018, 09:56)Fragoulisnaval Wrote:
(23-Feb-2018, 23:04)MIO2013 Wrote: Wow, that is quite an elaborate set up you have there. I figured that the amp itself was just too light to make a difference. 

As I wrote, I have some BDR cones and disc's that do a pretty good job with SQ, and great for temp. 

I am going to do some switching back and forth this weekend and make a determination.

Thanks for that input!!

I have
D is too light in my opinion for the ultra SS to work, that is why ibout the three weights on top in order for them to work better.

My plan is to tepace them with something heavier,if possible and with some dampening material, something like the HR stuff I read a review one month ago....

Experimenting is the way to go as far as vibration control is concerned, D could be very well affected depending on the material and way of support. Not much, but smalll differences are there

Have fun and share your experience with us

Cheers!

Well, I took a cue from you Fragoulisnaval ...

After moving around the stillpoints and not getting much of a difference, I added some weight like you did. One on each side but not the front or back. BAM!! I could hear it before I even got back to my sweet spot. The soundstage and voice clarity just popped! Way outside the speakers and way behind the back wall. I was just about to send these back because they are on loan, but I think I will be hanging on to them. Made that much of a difference. 

I also tried your config with the weights, but it flattened out when I put the one in the back like yours. I also tried at all four corners, but got the same thing. Took those out and went back to one in the middle of each side....BAM!

Like you said, experimenting is part of the fun! Thanks for the pics and the suggestion!

hehehe!!

Glad I could be of assistance!

AS mentioned earlier, I am waiting one piece of each of these for testing. They are approx. 1.5kg (the bigger one) but with a kind of plastic polymer on the bottom that they claim to have some dampening effect.

Will see. Report to follow!
Ansuz darkz ceramic footers (3 total)worked miracles under my Devialet D200
Main Set: Aavik U-300, Magico V3, Wadia 381i, Ayre DX-5 dsd, NBS Black label / Omega 1, Crystal Dreamline, Cardas Clear, Ansuz Ceramic, Aurender N100H, purpose build rack Bubinga wood (175kg rack only)

Second set: Devialet 200, Raidho X1, JL Audio F110 Subs (2x), Oppo BDP103D with audiopraise board, Melco N1A, Uptone Regen, and lots of Ansuz goodies
(28-Feb-2018, 10:28)imprezap2 Wrote: Ansuz darkz ceramic footers (3 total)worked miracles under my Devialet D200

+1  these are very effective under the Devialet 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
What is alternate if we hand Devialet on the wall