Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Strange behaviour on USB
Have a LE120, Serial: 02591A1, purchased 12 November 2015

Have used a USB connection from a Macbook since new.  Have tried Ethernet and Wifi but find USB works best

Mac is configured to use Devialet USB Audio and likewise, JRiver and Tidal are configured the same

For the past 2 months, about 2 or 3 times an hour, the sound would disappear for a second, or less

In the last week this became 2 seconds

Today, it will play for 2-3 minutes, then there is silence.  I have to restart the computer and the amp to get it back.  Have tried different USB cables and the other USB port

Instead, tried Ethernet via the Devialet AIR.  The ethernet radio button is green and the volume level displays on the Mac screen, but there is no sound

I can get sound via wifi, but starts off ok, then it is distorted

Any pointers please?
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds
Hi chrisc, is the issue there also for locally stored audio or Tidal only? Since the issue got gradually worse I’d try with a different computer if possible to pinpoint the issue more and go from there.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Two separate fixes, both simple

Restarted the fibre router after letting it power down for 10 mins
Removed a USB cable that had been recommended to me by a friend

All 100% now
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds
(30-Sep-2019, 12:23)chrisc Wrote: Two separate fixes, both simple

Restarted the fibre router after letting it power down for 10 mins
Removed a USB cable that had been recommended to me by a friend

All 100% now

I am wondering if the problem you were experiencing is anything to do with the following problem.
In some ways it sounds similar

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-2018-Mac-Mini-to-Devialet-via-USB

You would have had to have had a MacBook with a T2 chip and to have been running Mojave 10.14 to 10.14.3
The problem was fixed in 10.14.4 (I think) and is certainly fixed in the current release, 10.14.6
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
The main machine is a 2018 Macbook Air.  USB works 100%

Not so Ethernet.  Followed the instructions as below and can see on Devialet Air screen, when Ethernet is selected, the volume changing when the control is rotated and the IP address of the Devialet

Alas no sound

Prepared a brand new Windows 10 machine, configured the Ethernet with the same address.  Still no sound.  Windows default sound device is Devialet AIR and likewise JRiver Media centre's playback selection is also Devialet AIR

No idea what to do next

The instructions for configuring the Ethernet port manually:

DHCP - OFF
Fixed IP address ( this is an example ) 192.168.0.77
Network Mask - 255.255.255.0
Click OK.
Downloaded the settings to the SD card.
Put SD card into Devialet and restart.
Ensure Ethernet input is selected on the Devialet
On the PC choose Network
Select Ethernet
Choose Configure IPv4 - and set to "Manually"
IP Address - set to 192.168.0.78    ( note this is exactly the same as you set for the Devialet except the last number (.78)
Subnet Mask - set to 255.255.255.0  ( note this is exactly the same as you set for the Devialet )
Router - doesn't really matter - put 192.168.0.1
Under Status: it should be as follow:
Ethernet is currently active and has the IP address 192.168.0.78
Panic (?) over....

Got an updated driver from UGREEN, re-did the IP address and it works