Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stream Tidal via AirPlay from desktop?
Im not sure if this is the right forum to ask - If I wanted to stream via AirPlay from the Tidal macOS app - how would I go about this? There's not a single article on Google explaining this. Do I really need to change the output device in my MacBooks System Preferences? I cant for the life of me find an AirPlay icon inside the Tidal app.
(05-May-2018, 20:02)cudifying Wrote: Im not sure if this is the right forum to ask - If I wanted to stream via AirPlay from the Tidal macOS app - how would I go about this? There's not a single article on Google explaining this. Do I really need to change the output device in my MacBooks System Preferences? I cant for the life of me find an AirPlay icon inside the Tidal app.
Assuming you mean AirPlay as the apple protocol and not Air, if the application does not show an Airplay menu, you can always go in the System Settings Sound and from their redirect the defaukt output to Airplay. 
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(05-May-2018, 20:12)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(05-May-2018, 20:02)cudifying Wrote: Im not sure if this is the right forum to ask - If I wanted to stream via AirPlay from the Tidal macOS app - how would I go about this? There's not a single article on Google explaining this. Do I really need to change the output device in my MacBooks System Preferences? I cant for the life of me find an AirPlay icon inside the Tidal app.
Assuming you mean AirPlay as the apple protocol and not Air, if the application does not show an Airplay menu, you can always go in the System Settings Sound and from their redirect the defaukt output to Airplay. 
Jean-Marie

Thank you for your reply Jean-Marie!

I am indeed talking about AirPlay (running stereo Phantoms). I think it's just weird for me that Tidal doesn't offer AirPlay support natively on their Mac software (as opposed to Spotify and Apple Music).

I will probably continue using Spark for now then, even though I wish it offered a true fullscreen mode on Mac. Are there any news about possible updates to Spark soon? It's not fullscreen on my iPhone X either Sad