Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stream music to a TV-linked stereo pair of Phantoms,
Hi all,

When I connect a stereo pair of Phantom to my TV via the optical cable. Can I still stream music to the Phantom via Bluetooth or Spotify when the TV is off?
I suppose I can. But what happens when the TV is on/in standby (with the sound via the Phantoms) and I try to stream music via my mobile to the Phantoms?
Is there a hierarchy in the signals the Phantom receives? For example that Optical input always takes precedence over Bluetooth?

Thank you for your insights.
I have it connected like that. I use spotify connect on my mobile, no issue. If I then start the TV, it will select the TV as input. I think you can set in the phone app if it should do that or not.

But you can also select input in the app and select the one you currently want to use if the TV is on and you want to use another source.
(30-Nov-2021, 16:30)Bastib Wrote: Hi all,

When I connect a stereo pair of Phantom to my TV via the optical cable. Can I still stream music to the Phantom via Bluetooth or Spotify when the TV is off?
I suppose I can. But what happens when the TV is on/in standby (with the sound via the Phantoms) and I try to stream music via my mobile to the Phantoms?
Is there a hierarchy in the signals the Phantom receives? For example that Optical input always takes precedence over Bluetooth?

Thank you for your insights.

Yes, there is a option to select the source via the Devialet phone app. And once a signal comes from a source other than selected will be a trigger to change to this source.

So, there is mostly no problem to switch inputs, be it automatically or by app.