Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Expert 220 pro Chassis
I got a damage in the chromium finish on my Devialet Expert 220 pro, I bought a new empty chassis and have to move the parts from the old chassis to the new one. Does anyone know anything about this? Is there any technical description available?
No knowledge about this I'm afraid and I haven't seen any descriptions either. Would think that carefully removing the boards from the old unit and mounting them in reverse order in the new cabinet should do it. Make sure you use an antistatic cloth underneath the amps with yourself connected while you perform the swap. Otherwise you'll risk damage when you handle the circuit boards. An excellent opportunity to make a video so we can watch the process.

EDIT: This thread may be of interest http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1629
Also at least two users here on DC has experience dismantling Devialet amps. One is @Manoet from the thread above, the other is @yabaVR who has done some interesting modifications. Maybe you can get some tips from them to get you started?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(10-Mar-2019, 15:05)KjellHag Wrote: I got a damage in the chromium finish on my Devialet Expert 220 pro, I bought a new empty chassis and have to move the parts from the old chassis to the new one. Does anyone know anything about this? Is there any technical description available?

Assuming you purchased directly through devialet? If I may ask, what did they charge you for the replacement? To be honest, I’m kind of surprised the would sell you a chassis and not require you to send yours back to them for the replacement as it seems a risky swap out.

Good luck either way...
(10-Mar-2019, 16:24)ogs Wrote: No knowledge about this I'm afraid and I haven't seen any descriptions either. Would think that carefully removing the boards from the old unit and mounting them in reverse order in the new cabinet should do it. Make sure you use an antistatic cloth underneath the amps with yourself connected while you perform the swap. Otherwise you'll risk damage when you handle the circuit boards. An excellent opportunity to make a video so we can watch the process.

EDIT: This thread may be of interest http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1629
Also at least two users here on DC has experience dismantling Devialet amps. One is @Manoet from the thread above, the other is @yabaVR who has done some interesting modifications. Maybe you can get some tips from them to get you started?

Thank you very much for your tips.
Brgds Kjell
(10-Mar-2019, 19:45)mmorrison55 Wrote:
(10-Mar-2019, 15:05)KjellHag Wrote: I got a damage in the chromium finish on my Devialet Expert 220 pro, I bought a new empty chassis and have to move the parts from the old chassis to the new one. Does anyone know anything about this? Is there any technical description available?

Assuming you purchased directly through devialet? If I may ask, what did they charge you for the replacement? To be honest, I’m kind of surprised the would sell you a chassis and not require you to send yours back to them for the replacement as it seems a risky swap out.

Good luck either way...

Thank you very much for your reply.

Brgds Kjell
Be careful that torque settings might be required on reassembly of fixing screws. Thermal pads also? Worth asking Devialet
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)