Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB connection and Roon volume control.
(03-Sep-2019, 13:53)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Ah, didn't realise the limit of poll options was so low. I've increased it to 100.

That was fast, thank you Rufus! With 100 options there should be plenty of space for all categories we can think of. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
@Confused, @Rufus McDufus ,

Since the poll discussion started with my reference to an old poll and talk of redoing it, I'm going to ask a question: Is it possible to "nest" options so, for example, a respondent could select an input device option such as a server and then be given a choice of connection options (ethernet/wifi) and then a choice of streaming input options (AIR/RAAT/Airplay etc)? The problem I see with most of the polls to date is that the way options are presented doesn't lead to respondents being able to provide a response which accurately reflects what they're doing. For example, with a poll on people's use of Roon, it's easy to ask if they're using ethernet or wifi to connect to their Devialet, and it's easy to ask if they're using RAAT or AIR, but it isn't easy to find out whether they're using RAAT or AIR with ethernet or RAAT or AIR with wifi. I'd like to be able to pin choices down a lot more precisely.

With 100 options we should be able to pin what people are doing down more precisely but I don't think it's good to force them to read a huge list of options. It would be much better if the options could be presented in a structured manner so the respondent makes a first choice from a small list of options, then gets presented with another small list of options, and perhaps if necessary that choice presents another list of options. It's a lot easier and quicker for people to provide useful info that way than by scrolling through a long list of options for the right one.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(03-Sep-2019, 21:16)David A Wrote: It would be much better if the options could be presented in a structured manner so the respondent makes a first choice from a small list of options, then gets presented with another small list of options, and perhaps if necessary that choice presents another list of options. It's a lot easier and quicker for people to provide useful info that way than by scrolling through a long list of options for the right one.
Agree.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.