Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming issue with Air
So I got Air working via ethernet but now there is a new issue. For some reason the audio is low in one speaker and very high one the other. I have tried both Audirvana and Tidal and switched between ethernet and wifi. I also tried Air 3.0.2 and 3.0.4 without success. Any thoughts?

Anyone?
Sorry I've only tried Roon's AIR. That has been very stable and predictable for a long time. Is that a single amplifier or mono blocks?

To check I'd sign up for the free Roon trial, copy a few albums to a folder to use as music folder for Roon (to avoid letting Roon loose on your entire music folder..) and connect Roon's AIR to your Devialet. If the channel imbalance persists it is probably a hard ware issue.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Do you have any other sources you could try? Say, a CD transport? Also, try swapping your L/R speaker connections on the Devialet to see if the problem moves with the speaker. Could be as simple as a bad cable or connector.

Before switching to Roon AIR, I had used Devialet AIR through many different versions. It certainly has had many problems, but I never experienced a channel imbalance.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(29-Jun-2018, 11:47)ogs Wrote: Sorry I've only tried Roon's AIR. That has been very stable and predictable for a long time. Is that a single amplifier or mono blocks?

To check I'd sign up for the free Roon trial, copy a few albums to a folder to use as music folder for Roon (to avoid letting Roon loose on your entire music folder..) and connect Roon's AIR to your Devialet. If the channel imbalance persists it is probably a hard ware issue.
I'm running mono blocks. The thing is, I only stream music, nothing local I could try. When I run via USB there is no issue at all. But sounds like that both via wifi and ethernet, makes me think it's a software issue in the dev, but as I said, there is no possible settings to play around with.
(29-Jun-2018, 12:49)mdconnelly Wrote: Do you have any other sources you could try?   Say, a CD transport?   Also, try swapping your L/R speaker connections on the Devialet to see if the problem moves with the speaker.   Could be as simple as a bad cable or connector.

Before switching to Roon AIR, I had used Devialet AIR through many different versions.   It certainly has had many problems, but I never experienced a channel imbalance.

I have used usb-connection and have none issues so thins problem is only appearing via wifi or ethernet.
Have you try upload the devialets with the latest firmware?

My 440 Pro used to have sound from one side when playing through uPnP..
After upgrading with latest firmware, the devialets are working fine again.
440 Pro, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 Digital cable, Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner, Plixir The Statement Balanced Power Cord
Rega RP10, Melco N1-S38, Melco S100 Audiophile Dataswitch, ADOT MC01, Diva Audio & 7N-4030 Leggenda Power Cords, Plixir BDC LPS, Habst Ultra III USB cable, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 AES/EBU cable, Mutec REF 10, Habst Digital BNC cable
Vivid Giya G4, Acrolink 7N-S1400 Leggenda Speaker cables
PSI AVAA C20 Active Bass Trap
bFly-audio Master, Cube, b.Disc Absorbers
Artnovion Andrea Absorbers
(29-Jun-2018, 13:31)Sharone Wrote: Have you try upload the devialets with the latest firmware?

My 440 Pro used to have sound from one side when playing through uPnP..
After upgrading with latest firmware, the devialets are working fine again.

I'm running the latest 10.1.0 a.k.a the latest for non-upgraded units.

You are right! I only upgraded the Master and not the Comp. Thanks for making me look!