Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming to the Devialet
An issue I’ve run into before and just happened again. My typical routine is HQP thru ROON to a SOtM 200 to a SOtM USB Ultra to a Mutec MC USB all clocked by either a SOtM or Mutec Master clock. Every now and then something goes off course and I switch to playing tunes thru Ethernet via ROON/AIR to my Dev while I figure out what happened and what I need to turn on/off to get back to HQP.

As I reboot the SOtM and Mutec components at some point the music stops. It appears that even though I am listening to ROON via Ethernet to my Dev - it is impacted by my shutting down my another components (HQP/SOtM/Mutec).

I can get the Ethernet and ROON/AIR back up and running and eventually the HQP approach. But, I don’t understand why mucking about with the HQP approach affects the ROON/AIR Ethernet approach. Makes no sense to me. Anyone have any thoughts?

Dan
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
It sounds as if it's being triggered by something in the reboot process and it sounds a little like the "Transport device in use" error quite a few of us used to get with Roon feeding our Devialet's by AIR before either Roon or Devialet, I forget which, fixed it.

When you switch to streaming over Ethernet via Roon/Air, you obviously change zones in Roon as well as changing inputs on the Devialet. When you're changing zones in Roon, do you disable the zone with the SOtM/Mutec path and enable the Devialet/Roon AIR zone or do you have both zones enabled in Roon and just switch between them? If you have both zones enabled and just switch, try disabling the zone you're not streaming to so you only have one zone enabled in Roon at a time. When you swap from the SOtM/Mutec zone to the Devialet/Roon AIR zone first disable the SOtM/Mutec zone and then enable the Devialet/Rooin AIR zone. See if that stops the music shutting down while you reboot the SOtM and Mutec components.

If that doesn't work then try turning the either Roon or the Devialet off during the reboot process. It sounds as if either Roon or the Devialet doesn't like having one streaming path open while a reboot is occurring on the other so my first step would be to try only having one streaming path open from Room at a time and see if that fixes it or, if that fails, to try turning off either Roon or the computer it's running on, or the Devialet and see whether the music shutdown during the reboot occurs when one of them is shut down but not the other because that will tell you whether it's Roon or whatever it's running on, or the Devialet which is where the problem is occurring and that may make it easier to identify what the problem is.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Thanks DavidA

It's not really a problem - it was just a curiosity that one could affect the other. You are correct that I have the ROON/AIR and HQP zones both engaged when this happens - next time I need to reboot the HQP approach I'll dis-engage the HQP zone in ROON and see if it affects ROON/AIR.

Dan
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA