Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stripped 200
I've heard there will be representatives there for some private meetings related to products/dealerships. Can't say more than that. Many times manufacturer's will not display at RMAF but go there to network and hob-nob as its a favorite amongst vendors. Many say "best show site on the circuit!" The Germans in particular take the 3 days to play while leaving the trade show displays at home. And the BIG argument is always who's biggest, Axpona or RMAF. I dunno 'bout biggest but RMAF kills Ax hands-down on fun! I don't believe Gabi and her husband have a missed a show in 10 years yet Crystal and Siltech never displays there!

If I was a bettin' man... bet they will! ;-)
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
I needed to do a mock-up today to see if I'm comfy forfeiting just a smidgen of cooling efficiency for a dash of bling. Wanted to see how my new convection and radiant-cooled PSU cover would look if I anodized it black as planned but then ground off the tops of the cooling fins for a two-tone, high-tech look. So a rattle can of Krylon and a sheet of sandpaper and I had one. I think it'll stay this way once anodized even tho hidden inside... got a clean hi-tech look and it'll only cool a tad less than all black. Even convection cooling ports at bottom of external inlet side and top of outlet side bores are tapered. Cuz ya know a tapered inlet provides an increase in velocity right? Or that water flows out of a tapered funnel with a 1/2" outlet faster than a flat pan with a 1/2 hole? C'mon, of course ya did. Race car guys know it! ;-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Manoet,

Good luck with networking. Try and get the skinny on progress getting AIR to work via WiFi.

FYI, The Newport Beach Show is coming on very strong. It had 165 rooms this year plus the marketplace and headphone areas. Also a great hotel. I wonder how many millions of people live within a 2-hour drive.
(17-Aug-2015, 23:45)bentrider Wrote: Manoet,

Good luck with networking.  Try and get the skinny on progress getting AIR to work via WiFi.

FYI, The Newport Beach Show is coming on very strong. It had 165 rooms this year plus the marketplace and headphone areas.  Also a great hotel. I wonder how many millions of people live within a 2-hour drive.

Thanks, I'll see what I can pick up there.

Yes but T.H.E Newport Show is Total Home Entertainment whereas RMAF/Axpona are pure audio
(17-Aug-2015, 23:54)Manoet Wrote:
(17-Aug-2015, 23:45)bentrider Wrote: Manoet,

Good luck with networking.  Try and get the skinny on progress getting AIR to work via WiFi.

FYI, The Newport Beach Show is coming on very strong. It had 165 rooms this year plus the marketplace and headphone areas.  Also a great hotel. I wonder how many millions of people live within a 2-hour drive.

Thanks, I'll see what I can pick up there.

Yes but T.H.E Newport Show is Total Home Entertainment whereas RMAF/Axpona are pure audio

Manoet,

No, No my friend.

"T" stands for "The", not total. The Home Entertainment Show Newport Beach is decidedly a who's who of two-channel audio. I know, I was there this year and I am already looking forward to next year. Aside from some peripheral exhibits of cars, cigars, and wine the show was 170 (per website) rooms of audio. Do not confuse T.H.E. Show Newport Beach with CES. UGH, I was at CES 8 times so I know that madness too well.

http://theshownewport.com/exhibitor-list/

I am afraid your topic has been sidetracked so I won't post more about Newport.

An aside: Is there a way to add bold or underline on this forum? I am missing the ability to use those tools.
Sorry, I was doing a play on words with total v the. And I've never been there. Just read the reports from '12, '13, '14 etc and all the comments about X-box with 16 flat-screens in front of it, home theatre, PlayStation with mock-up Indy cars with working suspensions, helicopter cockpits, life-size canyon runners, whole home control systems, pinball machines yadda yadda. And I learned years ago CES is the best place on earth to be long as you spend the entire week at the swim-up bar at Caesar's. From 9am till about 10pm every night. Most incredibly beautiful women on earth with husbands too busy doing the e-thing in the hotels for days at a time. Nothin very intimate or tawdry mind you, hell, I'm 70 years old! But LOTS of fun, salacious banter! Being fawned & doted over by 6-8 women at a time for 10-12 hours a pop and taken to a day show or out to Hoover Dam for a picnic by 4 or 5 little honies beats stripping Devialets or shopping the latest Halo gear seven ways to Sunday!! The best seat in the house at the greatest show on earth... wouldn't miss it for the world!!!

I don't know of any way to modify tho I see people with red/green sigs etc but I've no idea how to mimic any of it. Remember, I'm 70! there were no pc's till I was in my late 30's! ;-)