Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuttering
The issue of stuttering (music) via Air has been mentioned loads of times... could an external influence such is an iPhone be a contributing factor? Reasons for suggesting this are...
1 Post CI upgrade I have only experienced it once and that was when an iPhone was in the room. We are an idevice free house generally.
2 Googling reveals a number of reports of iPhones impacting wifi connectivity
I am not an expert on any of this but could it be so simple / pervasive that it has been missed?
All the best!
Chord Blu > D200 > Martin Logan Ethos : Saddleworth, England
(22-Feb-2018, 20:20)Tony Wrote: The issue of stuttering (music) via Air has been mentioned loads of times... could an external influence such is an iPhone be a contributing factor? Reasons for suggesting this are...
1 Post CI upgrade I have only experienced it once and that was when an iPhone was in the room. We are an idevice free house generally.
I am not an expert on any of this but could it be so simple / pervasive that it has been missed?
All the best!

I suspected that stuttering in Air here was due to a new Android phone updating itself as that is its default setting. Apple keep trying to copy Google's subtle inserting of their hand into one's pocket maybe iPhones have some similar default nowadays????
I gave the Android phone away and haven't had a similar problem since.
I have gone back mainly to CDs and LPs now though and use Air less than I did, so it may be just luck.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(22-Feb-2018, 20:20)Tony Wrote: The issue of stuttering (music) via Air has been mentioned loads of times... could an external influence such is an iPhone be a contributing factor? Reasons for suggesting this are...
All the best!

FWIW, my D440 Pro is connected via ethernet not Wifi. Have not had any issues with AIR protocol, either using the Devialet supplied drivers for both Macs and PCs, or the Roon supported integration that supports AIR. To put that in context that is for a period of about two years now, ever since Devialet released beta AIR driver updates about 2 years back.

Music is stored either on a NUC or a NAS, both connected via ethernet. 

Have two iPhones, sometimes three or more with visitors, all within close proximity to the Devialet ( less than 15 5feet ). Several iPads as well, but have not experienced the issue you are describing.

I don't see how there could be a correlation to AIR being impacted by an iPhone within it's presence. But also I have not read of this issues with iPhones impacting Wifi connectivity. I will have to read up on that. IMHO of course.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(22-Feb-2018, 20:20)Tony Wrote: We are an idevice free house generally.

We have a fair number of idevices in our house of different birth date and hence chips, and no such effect was ever noticed.
I don't think it's specifically i-devices but any device that takes bandwidth away from your WIFI connection could have a negative impact on the transfer of data. If you read the ROON forum, they recommend only a hand full of WIFI routers because they know a low quality WIFI router will cause troubles. It's why I hard wire as much as I can.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.