Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Successfully editing an existing dual-mono config
Accepted the collective wisdom that mostly this is broken.

However, it does seem to be possible, under certain restricted circumstances. 

The proviso is that you're leaving a relatively small time gap (i.e. minutes to hours, but overnight seems to work too) between each config change, as you usually are when this start-from-scratch problem has a significant impact. If coming back to a config after weeks or months, this method is going to be of no help.

After making the settings, and downloading the master and companion files, leave the browser exactly as it is. Don't close the tab. When you're ready to make the next change, press the "Previous" button on the page, not in the browser, then make changes as necessary, then re-download the config files.

It does seem to work for me. Sample size of 1, so treat with caution and of course if anything odd happens, start from scratch.
1000 Pro / Magico A5 / REL Studio III
I have edited dual-mono configurations several times, including with different computers. The rule I apply is to close the browser immediately after each save of a configuration file (and not to use any "Previous" button).
The configuration files I currently use were created 1.5 years ago, during which time I edited them many times.
Interesting.

So you must be loading the previous configuration from "My Account" - since the upload from local file won't accept a companion configuration file.

I tried this and ran into the "collective wisdom" problems - master and companion unable to link etc. As advised, starting from scratch fixed this. But I did't use your "browser close" tweak.

It's really daft that it's apparently so easy to break this tool for Dual Mono. (Preaching to the choir I know). Devialet have enough engineering talent to make a revolutionary amp but they seem to struggle making a robust web interface that doesn't need special recipes to work correctly.

Configurator locally, on the webserver already exposed by the CI card, is IMO what's really needed, automatically pre-populated with current config. Even if the expert can't write to the SD card, the config could be applied as a temporary override to what's on the card, perhaps only surviving until the next mains power cycle. To apply permanently, the "local configurator" could offer download in the same way as the current remote one.

But perfectly aware of the commercial realities of such an ask. A chunk of change which won't demonstrably lead to any extra sales will be hard to justify. Especially as there's a workaround.

Or you could alternatively take the view that this is pitched as a premium high-end product (especially dual-mono) and customer experience is paramount, and paying attention to cumbersome details is important as it removes unwelcome distraction from the fundamental excellence of the product.
1000 Pro / Magico A5 / REL Studio III