Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sung's bi-amping system
Photo 
Now I am trying to make my 1000pro to bi-amp mode from dual mono mode, but it is not successful due to my limited knowledge of configuration.
So anybody who has experience of bi-amping with Devialet, please help me!!

Huh [Image: 7mkl4URWoYjsQJUG_R_MDPmzKt0yWd4YgDL9mAZe...67-h950-no]
Try these steps:

1. Go to the advanced configurator. https://en.devialet.com/configurator/advanced
2. By default it will show the 220Pro model.  Select the 1000Pro model by clicking on the drop-down button before the model name.  You should see a new window showing the various models appear; select the 1000Pro and click on "OK".
3. You should see 2 devialet units now on the configurator screen.  
4. Just above the word speaker, you should see the word "mono" in orange. Click on the white "toggle switch" and the word "stereo" will be selected.
5. You should see that on both units, each unit shows 2 speakers attached to each unit.
6. Download the configurations (Master & Companion) on SD cards and load it up.

You could try to load your existing configuration into the advanced configurator and then do step 4 and save the new configuration on the same SD card.
Thank you for your kind explanation how to configure the system.
I have tried already the steps as you said, but it did not work and no synchronization between master and slave.
So I repeated the steps several times, even formatting again the SD cards during last few days.
Finally I gave up trying bi-amp mode and try to come back original dual mono mode of 1000pro. However I could not return to original 1000pro even I made all returning steps with no question.
It was really a frustrating situation as you can imagine. So I began to proceed the steps with question of firmware 10.1.0.
Regarding 10.1.0 firmware, I noticed a problem during my try to manage configuration.
After making SD card format then down load 10.1.0 fw and config file, it does not work.
But first down load previous fw 10.0.5 and overlapping 10.1.0 and config file, then it does work.
This means 10.1.0 fw might has some bug which can not work as it is.
So this way two times firmware download then I could come to original configuration of 1000pro dual mono.

Anybody who know Devialet should tell them to fix the fw 10.1.0

Maybe I will try again bi-amp mode after I get confidence of the fw 10.1.0.
I would suggest contacting Devialet's support, they should be able to help you with this FW & bi-amping problem.

Did you follow these steps exactly when trying to install the FW 10.1.0?
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...r-Devialet
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
It looks to me like you are having a problem either loading firmware or the configurations. If something is going wrong with firmware at this first stage, then clearly you will have problems trying to swap between dual mono and bi-amp.

Also, it might help is you advise some details of your computer you are using to make the SD cards, are you using Mac or PC, what Internet browser are you using, and so on.

I have some initial thoughts as to what might be problematic. Firstly, you can load the firmware and configurations in separate stages and via separate SD cards. The method of loading firmware and configurations is slightly different. To understand this and get clarity on what is happening I suggest that you load the firmware and configurations in separate stages via separate SD cards, by doing this you will observe what is working or not, step by step. Lets say you are just trying to get the same firmware loaded on both machines. You can make an SD card with the just the firmware, to do this the SD card needs to be unlocked to write to it. When you load the firmware into the Devialet, you need to lock the card. Otherwise the Devialet will write a file to the SD card, this is to stop the Devialet re-loading the firmware every time you use the amp. By locking the card, the file is not written, so you can use this same SD card to load the firmware into each of your Devialet's. Once you have both amps on the same firmware, you can then start trying different configurations, using separate SD cards with just the configuration for each amp loaded, so the firmware remains unchanged once it is correct. If you still have problems loading firmware and configurations step by step, you can then at least let the forum know at which step it is going wrong, this will make it easier for the specific issue to be isolated. My guess is that if you take it slowly, step by step by step, suddenly this will all make sense. Also, on some Devialet models higher capacity SD cards have been problematic, 4GB cards always work, and there have been reports of higher capacity cards being OK on the Pro models, just a thought, maybe you are running very high capacity cards? One point to note, recently Oxford Audio have been experimenting with bi-amp Devialet set ups. They work, and they are running the latest firmware. So you should be able to get this up and running. Good luck!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(30-Jun-2017, 06:24)petrik Wrote: I would suggest contacting Devialet's support, they should be able to help you with this FW & bi-amping problem.

Did you follow these steps exactly when trying to install the FW 10.1.0?
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...r-Devialet

I did ask Devialet support and got some messages which were not so helpful at the moment.
The man of Devialet support team is now waiting answers from their engineer.
(30-Jun-2017, 07:39)Confused Wrote: It looks to me like you are having a problem either loading firmware or the configurations.  If something is going wrong with firmware at this first stage, then clearly you will have problems trying to swap between dual mono and bi-amp.  

Also, it might help is you advise some details of your computer you are using to make the SD cards, are you using Mac or PC, what Internet browser are you using, and so on.

I have some initial thoughts as to what might be problematic.  Firstly, you can load the firmware and configurations in separate stages and via separate SD cards.  The method of loading firmware and configurations is slightly different.  To understand this and get clarity on what is happening I suggest that you load the firmware and configurations in separate stages via separate SD cards, by doing this you will observe what is working or not, step by step.  Lets say you are just trying to get the same firmware loaded on both machines.  You can make an SD card with the just the firmware, to do this the SD card needs to be unlocked to write to it.  When you load the firmware into the Devialet, you need to lock the card.  Otherwise the Devialet will write a file to the SD card, this is to stop the Devialet re-loading the firmware every time you use the amp.  By locking the card, the file is not written, so you can use this same SD card to load the firmware into each of your Devialet's.  Once you have both amps on the same firmware, you can then start trying different configurations, using separate SD cards with just the configuration for each amp loaded, so the firmware remains unchanged once it is correct.  If you still have problems loading firmware and configurations step by step, you can then at least let the forum know at which step it is going wrong, this will make it easier for the specific issue to be isolated.  My guess is that if you take it slowly, step by step by step, suddenly this will all make sense.  Also, on some Devialet models higher capacity SD cards have been problematic, 4GB cards always work, and there have been reports of higher capacity cards being OK on the Pro models, just a thought, maybe you are running very high capacity cards?  One point to note, recently Oxford Audio have been experimenting with bi-amp Devialet set ups.  They work, and they are running the latest firmware.  So you should be able to get this up and running.  Good luck!

I am using latest version of Desktop PC, window 10, chrome browser.
As you may know whenever upgrading firmware of SD card without changing configuration, just download the latest version of fw to SD card following the steps as instructed by Devialet. Configuration also not a difficult job to do. But problem is no stable result.

There are two SD cards for master and slave. Downloading firmware(fw) and config file of master on master SD card, and downloading the same fw and config file on slave SD card. That's it. No difficult job to do but no expected result. This is the problem! This is why I am saying unstable latest firmware of v 10.1.0.
I had a problem with syncing between master and slave with I first got the 440 Pro back.

I tried everything including bringing both units back to my dealer.

In my case, it turned out it was something very silly and simple. In the first boot when loading the firmware, I have to boot up and update the master first before turning on the slave. It holds true afterwards every time I turn on the machines.

Your situation may be different than mine, but in case it is, it is worth a try.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

(01-Jul-2017, 02:51)Sung Wrote: I am using latest version of Desktop PC, window 10, chrome browser.
As you may know whenever upgrading firmware of SD card without changing configuration, just download the latest version of fw to SD card following the steps as instructed by Devialet. Configuration also not a difficult job to do. But problem is no stable result.

There are two SD cards for master and slave. Downloading firmware(fw) and config file of master on master SD card, and downloading the same fw and config file on slave SD card. That's it. No difficult job to do but no expected result. This is the problem! This is why I am saying unstable latest firmware of v 10.1.0.

I only have a single 250 Pro so no dual mono like you have. I still think the advice from Confused is good! You should not mix configurations and firmware on the same SD card. Try putting firmware on one card and configuration for left and right amp on separate SD cards. Write protect all tree before using them. Make sure to use 2 or 4 Gb SD cards even if it might be OK to use larger sizes. The card that came back with my 250 Pro after upgrade is 4 Gb.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Confused's way is correct. It also needs to be master and slave configuration. I'm biamping with 2 X 250 Pro with no problems.