Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super quiet on the forum
Nothing seems to have happened for a while. Have Devialet stopped development? Are new Phantoms imminent?

Has everyone fixed all their bugs and are happy?
Ha! Ha! I said this in another thread. Perhaps the lack of comments is down to the fact that Devialet really only have two product lines the Phantom and Expert. Both of these have gone through painful software developments that are hopefully settling down. If you were or are part of the Naim forum you would have loads to discuss about Focal, new NDS products, Uniti, Atom, Muso, Qb and all the other developments, and all of these come with plenty of ‘interesting’ software issues. Seems that Devialet are drawing breath.

Anyway, I am kinda sick of having to use an SD card for what should be easily internet transmitted configuration and software issues. Apart from anything else you get finger marks all over the shiny surface. What was the point of CI if they could not have included this minor fix as part of the project? Maybe a thread should be started on that one. If I had to access an SD card in the back of my Denon AV amp I would need to see a chiropractor for the amount of software updates it gets.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(15-Jun-2018, 10:22)Gerronwithit Wrote: Ha! Ha! I said this in another thread. Perhaps the lack of comments is down to the fact that Devialet really only have two product lines the Phantom and Expert. Both of these have gone through painful software developments that are hopefully settling down. If you were or are part of the Naim forum you would have loads to discuss about Focal, new NDS products, Uniti, Atom, Muso, Qb and all the other developments, and all of these come with plenty of ‘interesting’ software issues. Seems that Devialet are drawing breath.

Anyway, I am kinda sick of having to use an SD card for what should be easily internet transmitted configuration and software issues. Apart from anything else you get finger marks all over the shiny surface. What was the point of CI if they could not have included this minor fix as part of the project? Maybe a thread should be started on that one. If I had to access an SD card in the back of my Denon AV amp I would need to see a chiropractor for the amount of software updates it gets.

Ha! I agree, it's a bit old school using SD cards and is a real pain every time I want to change something in the configurator or update the software. Makes putting my back out all too common and finger prints on the 220. Undecided
Personally, it feels good to finally be at a place where my Expert Pro with CI update is working well on a production level DOS + firmware. It's hard to give Devialet a lot of kudos for it since it's 6 months late, but hey, better late than never and the sound quality I'm getting now is exceptional (mostly via Roon AIR). It is also wonderful to NOT see a lot of ongoing bitching. Although understandable over the last yeaer, it did get old.

This forum would be far more active if we were getting more information from Devialet (or anyone with inside info) about what's coming down the road. I have found this forum immensely helpful when I've had a question or problem. There are a lot of folks here with some excellent experience and advice.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I also still struggle with few issues and I am waiting for software updates.
I would also appreciate to get more information about when software updates are to be expected for Spark, the Phantom series and so on.
(15-Jun-2018, 10:22)Gerronwithit Wrote: Ha! Ha! I said this in another thread. Perhaps the lack of comments is down to the fact that Devialet really only have two product lines the Phantom and Expert. Both of these have gone through painful software developments that are hopefully settling down. If you were or are part of the Naim forum you would have loads to discuss about Focal, new NDS products, Uniti, Atom, Muso, Qb and all the other developments, and all of these come with plenty of ‘interesting’ software issues. Seems that Devialet are drawing breath.

Naim make lots of products, but none interest me. Devialet make two and both interest me.

I much prefer the SD card route. Anything that can be controlled via wifi can be hacked. I've only used two configs in 18 months. Devialet give you a cloth to remove fingermarks. Maybe you are allergic to housework. Don't you have any domestic staff who will clean it for you?
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(15-Jun-2018, 14:29)ssfas Wrote:

Naim make lots of products, but none interest me. Devialet make two and both interest me.

I much prefer the SD card route. Anything that can be controlled via wifi can be hacked. I've only used two configs in 18 months. Devialet give you a cloth to remove fingermarks. Maybe you are allergic to housework. Don't you have any domestic staff who will clean it for you?
I don’t give a flying fig what you like or care in the slightest for your domestic arrangements. 

Good luck to anyone wanting to hack my 250Pro, since if I were them I would be much more interested in my bank account or my stockbroking account. After all, I can afford my all my hifi gear and lots of life’s other little pleasures.

Tell you what, put on your nice white gloves, make your way round here and I’ll let you be my butler for a day.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(15-Jun-2018, 15:56)Gerronwithit Wrote:
(15-Jun-2018, 14:29)ssfas Wrote:
(15-Jun-2018, 10:22)Gerronwithit Wrote: Good luck to anyone wanting to hack my 250Pro, since if I were them I would be much more interested in my bank account or my stockbroking account. After all, I can afford my all my hifi gear and lots of life’s other little pleasures.

Oh my, a stockbroking account! We are not worthy.  Angel
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Don't worry! Devialet will soon come up with something we can discuss! At least I hope so - better than attacking each other...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
This is meant to be a Phantom discussion section is it not?? 

Just saying. Rolleyes