Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Premier firmware update
(21-Sep-2018, 01:04)Axel Wrote:
(20-Sep-2018, 16:54)Loonytunz Wrote:
(20-Sep-2018, 14:44)Stino Wrote: The devialet can only work with FAT32 formatted drives.

Having said that, it could be that your Dev also works with NTFS - I have not tried that - but you should avoid this on an SD Card.

For sure your Dev cannot work with the exFAT format which is almost always the formatting on SD cards as of 32 gigs (since FAT32 can only be used on drives less than 32 Gigs).

Maybe this explains your issue. So go for a small card or install a tool that allows you to format drives < 32Gig to the FAT32 format in case they came as exFAT formatted.

I’ll give it a try (wrestling fat16 out of the mac wasn’t fun, fat32 is native.) I’ve read a lot more hit or miss about fat32 than fat16, including from the company themselves. They also go on to say either is fine in other discourse.  Dodgy

“Make sure the SD card is formatted in FAT or FAT16. We advice you to reformat it on the same computer you use to generate the files on.”

Thanks for the input. We’ll see what happens.

— What happened was nothing. I reformated the card in fat32, loaded it with fresh copy of 7.1.3, unplugged the d-premier, dropped in the card, plugged the unit in and got the same “FACTORY CONFIG” message. Toggled the meta info ... 5.6.0.

I think it just needs a trip home to have a look see at the reader.

So it sounds like the card reader has had it, but it shouldn’t cost too much to fix I imagine. Good luck!

Thanks. The fella I bought it from wants it back, so no worries. I just bought a new D-Premier this morning and anticipate the problem will soon go away  Big Grin
(21-Sep-2018, 03:09)Loonytunz Wrote:
(21-Sep-2018, 01:04)Axel Wrote:
(20-Sep-2018, 16:54)Loonytunz Wrote: I’ll give it a try (wrestling fat16 out of the mac wasn’t fun, fat32 is native.) I’ve read a lot more hit or miss about fat32 than fat16, including from the company themselves. They also go on to say either is fine in other discourse.  Dodgy

“Make sure the SD card is formatted in FAT or FAT16. We advice you to reformat it on the same computer you use to generate the files on.”

Thanks for the input. We’ll see what happens.

— What happened was nothing. I reformated the card in fat32, loaded it with fresh copy of 7.1.3, unplugged the d-premier, dropped in the card, plugged the unit in and got the same “FACTORY CONFIG” message. Toggled the meta info ... 5.6.0.

I think it just needs a trip home to have a look see at the reader.

So it sounds like the card reader has had it, but it shouldn’t cost too much to fix I imagine. Good luck!

Thanks. The fella I bought it from wants it back, so no worries. I just bought a new D-Premier this morning and anticipate the problem will soon go away  Big Grin

Wow! That was a quick fix!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(22-Sep-2018, 00:33)Axel Wrote:
(21-Sep-2018, 03:09)Loonytunz Wrote:
(21-Sep-2018, 01:04)Axel Wrote: So it sounds like the card reader has had it, but it shouldn’t cost too much to fix I imagine. Good luck!

Definitely one way to skin a cat. The slow fix is, customer support finally reached out to me and are going to repair it for free and pick up shipping as well. That was certainly unexpected.
(11-Oct-2018, 23:39)Loonytunz Wrote:
(22-Sep-2018, 00:33)Axel Wrote:
(21-Sep-2018, 03:09)Loonytunz Wrote: Thanks. The fella I bought it from wants it back, so no worries. I just bought a new D-Premier this morning and anticipate the problem will soon go away  Big Grin

Definitely one way to skin a cat. The slow fix is, customer support finally reached out to me and are going to repair it for free and pick up shipping as well. That was certainly unexpected.
It makes a nice change to hear something positive about Devialet.  It was good of them to offer the free repair and shipping as well.  Glad you had a favourable outcome.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England