Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TIDAL - 6 months down the line
(29-Dec-2017, 19:46)snbeall Wrote: Have you experienced any of the MQA content on Tidal? I have the Bluesound Powernode 2 which is MQA enabled. It is a treat. It currently competes with some Phantoms I have on trial, and I wish the Phantoms were/would support MQA. My music listening is exclusively streaming - predominantly Tidal but the Apple music downloads to listen offline makes it somewhat "mine" to listen to...

I don’t have the equipment to use MQA so I have never tried it
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(30-Dec-2017, 10:28)Womaz Wrote:
(29-Dec-2017, 19:46)snbeall Wrote: Have you experienced any of the MQA content on Tidal? I have the Bluesound Powernode 2 which is MQA enabled. It is a treat. It currently competes with some Phantoms I have on trial, and I wish the Phantoms were/would support MQA. My music listening is exclusively streaming - predominantly Tidal but the Apple music downloads to listen offline makes it somewhat "mine" to listen to...

I don’t have the equipment to use MQA so I have never tried it

What´s necessary to listen MQA?
I´ve Tidal+Roon.
@Womaz, I agree with you on the positive experience and on how Tidal transformed they way I enjoy music. In my system I have the Aurender X100L with TIdal integrated and the sound is impeccable and i rarely experience the dropouts you started to face lately. i suggest you get your network optimized as you suggested. On the go I currently use LG V30+ which is hailed as one of the best sounding andriod smarphones out there. it does a very decent job.

@BoyScout, For MQA, you need to have an MQA enabled DAC. MQA is designed in a way that it will still play on any DAC, but you won't get the full resolution and bandwidth unless you use a MQA DAC capable of unfolding the MQA file.
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE