Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tannoy Stirling GR
Oh man what a crap, I think they do not feel like it. Angry

Dear Detlef,

Hope you are doing well. I am writing to give you an update in regards to your request.

Regarding SAM profiles, each of them is very unique and are based on a measure taken for a specific model. For each profile, over 60 measurements were taken.

Unfortunately, our SAM team has no plan to measure any Tannoy speaker soon yet your request has been recorded in our database.

Keep an eye on our website on regular basis, in case your speaker profile become available.

Have a musical day,
Tannoy Stirling GR, Devialet 200, Dual 704 + Hana SH, iMac, Audirvana Plus.
Good old Germany
(01-Feb-2019, 07:32)Seiko Wrote: Oh man what a crap, I think they do not feel like it. Angry

Dear Detlef,

Hope you are doing well. I am writing to give you an update in regards to your request.

Regarding SAM profiles, each of them is very unique and are based on a measure taken for a specific model. For each profile, over 60 measurements were taken.

Unfortunately, our SAM team has no plan to measure any Tannoy speaker soon yet your request has been recorded in our database.

Keep an eye on our website on regular basis, in case your speaker profile become available.

Have a musical day,
As a follow up question, I would be tempted to ask Devialet what their plans are for SAM Lab over the next year or so.  This might be a solution.  Or maybe SAM Lab has been abandoned now?  It must be have been quite an expensive initiative.  I guess it is a little frustrating for you, I notice that Devialet does offer SAM profiles for the Turnberry GR and Kensington GR, but not your very similar Sterling GR model.  

Regarding SAM Lab, I think it might be an idea if they train some of Devialet's "Premium Resellers" to use it.  Devialet could periodically loan the SAM Lab kit to Dealers, and the Dealers have an incentive, "Yes sir, if you buy the amp from us we would be happy to measure your speakers for a SAM profile, all part of the service."  Maybe Devialet consider that SAM Lab is too complicated?  Maybe some of the staff in Dealerships are a lot smarter and more competent than Devialet might think?  For me it makes sense, there is not much sense leaving the SAM Lab kit on a shelf gathering dust at Devialet HQ.

EDIT: @Seiko Welcome to Devialet Chat! I have just noticed this is your first post on the forum.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Detlef,

You're in Germany. Why not plan a trip to Paris with the missus? Get your speakers SAMed and have a little romance on the side.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(01-Feb-2019, 09:56)Pim Wrote: Detlef,

You're in Germany.  Why not plan a trip to Paris with the missus? Get your speakers SAMed and have a little romance on the side.

It's better to go on your own if you want a little romance on the side?

Joking apart, if Devialet still offer this as a service, why didn't they mention this in their reply to Detlef? Another follow-up question for Devialet.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hello, sorry for my translated english. Yesterday I participated in the SAM action in Germany (Hamm), I hope it's worth it. I'm really curious, the file should be online next week.
Tannoy Stirling GR, Devialet 200, Dual 704 + Hana SH, iMac, Audirvana Plus.
Good old Germany
(17-Feb-2019, 10:56)Seiko Wrote: Hello, sorry for my translated english. Yesterday I participated in the SAM action in Germany (Hamm), I hope it's worth it. I'm really curious, the file should be online next week.

Problem solved! Congratulations.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(17-Feb-2019, 10:56)Seiko Wrote: Yesterday I participated in the SAM action in Germany (Hamm), I hope it's worth it. I'm really curious, the file should be online next week.

Seiko

That's great news  Smile, hope you enjoy the difference SAM makes.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.