Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temp Mapping
    Wanted to do the surface temp mapping to compare to my 'before' numbers. Using an exceedingly accurate infra red gun with laser pointer I started. Sorry but this gun doesn't have a C/F option but google does. In the next post I did the math for you. Hopefully while cleaning up this mess later today I'll find those previous measurements but they're significant... on the order of 12-15 degrees difference (Celsius) where the latest measurements are almost identical inside & out. That HAS to be due to the higher efficiency thermal pads! Basically no difference between internal/external temps.

I was curious why the newly completed D200 felt cool to the touch. Just made no sense to me. Well after mapping my palm and insides of my fingers I had the answer. My proper palm runs 93*F and by middle knuckle its down to 92*F and by fingertip its 91*F. Of course something 82*F would feel 'cool' to my touch DUH!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
    Here's the results of mapping the front/top of the D200 in quadrants. Note how close internal PSU (upper right quadrant) is to surface temperature in previous post. Can't get any closer than that! I'd say those transfer pads are working pretty well!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!