Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test tone samples, and other useful resources
Assuming I don't run out of time before completing other tasks this weekend, I plan to start with some careful experimentation of speaker placement, with a view to get the best possible sound and also to correct a minor bass null that I am aware of.

Does anyone know of any good website or similar where a good selection of "test tone" samples are available? I have had a look on Google, and yes, some sites exist. However, I was wondering if anyone had actually found and used a site they would recommend? I am looking for something that would provide a continues tone at whatever frequency this “null” is at. This will need a selection of tones so I can find the rouge frequency with trial and error. Also, I need to be careful that whatever I do to correct this issue does not introduce bigger issues!

If anyone has any other good ideas, recommended tracks for evaluating set up, imagery or whatever else, then I think this would be a good place to capture them all.
Have you tried a Nordost system set-up and tuning disc? While this is not a website but CD, I found this very useful.

http://www.nordost.com/products/accessor...est-cd.php

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-1060-nordos...-disc.aspx
Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha
@Umetaro - Your suggested CD looks like it is exactly what I had in mind. Thanks for the input. I ordered one at lunchtime, £25 from Amazon in the UK. Should be fun!
@Confused - LEDR test is very interesting. Enjoy!
Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha