Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading Power Cable from Furutech 3TS762 + FI-E38(R), FI-15R to Shunyata Delta EF
I am thinking of upgrading my power cord. However, I am not sure whether it will be a significant step-up if I choose Shunyata Delta EF. My current power cord that I have been using for about 4 years is Furutech 3TS762 with Rhodium connectors FI-E38 ( R) and FI-15 ( R ). I do not have a chance to try Delta EF. Actually, I am happy with Furutech power cord. I have been using it with Devialet 220 and B&W 804D3. But I want to try and see the effect of another power cable. What would you advise as an alternative to Furutech?
Stereo Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS/Internet sources>> Supra CAT8 >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4(Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >> Mercury Streamer (GentooPlayer, MPD+UpMpdCli  running on RAM) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  Mogami Gold AES XLR >> Devialet 220 Pro >> Echole Omnia Speaker/Jumper Cables >> B&W 804D3 Speakers on IsoAcoustics GAIA-II

Headphone Setup: Synology DS214Play NAS(CAT8) >> Ubiquiti Edge10X Switch>> Fiberoptical Cable >> SOTM SNH-10G Switch(S-Booster LPS) >> Supra CAT8 >> Euphony v4( Stylus with Qobuz, Tidal) running on RAM >> SOTM SNH-10G >> Supra CAT8 >>  Mercury Streamer(GentooPlayer , Mpd/UpMpdCli ) + Fiio PL50 LPS >>  RCA Coax >> Chord Hugo >> Fostex TH900 MK2
I have no experience with Furutech cords. I upgraded the power cord to my 140 Pro from a Graditech Voima 1 to a Shunata Delta EF and was very pleased with the result. The noise floor seemed to drop and I noticed a bit less brightness and a bit more warmth. I've now replaced a couple of other power cords with Shunyata cords and been happy with the result each time.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I own a Furutech TCS21 powercord with 38 (G) schuko and 15 ( R) IEC. The cable is resolving without any sharpness. I also had a TSC31. TCS21 is less refined and more forward sounding than TCS31. 31 is more “polite” compared to the TCS21. I have not been able to compare with the Furutech cable you own.
I replaced the TCS21 cable by a Shunyata alpha EF to feed my d220. Shunyata Alpa is better resolving and makes the treble less forward. I think this may suit the 804d3 well (I am home-demoing the 804d3 at the moment).
I find TCS21 and 31 very good cables considering there price and would go for TCS31 with 804d3.
Or, if you want to spend more money, go for Shunyata alpha. I cannot comment on the delta ef since I have no experience with this cable.

Simon

Grimm Audio MU1 (Roon+Qobuz)  ~   D220 Pro CI   ~   Magico A5
Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond ethernet; Audioquest Diamond AES/EBU
Speaker Cables: Nordost Tyr  -  Power Cables: Shunyata Alpha EF (D220); Shunyata Alpha NR (Grimm)
Resonance Control: Bassocontinuo (rack); CeraBase slimline (footers)
The Netherlands -                        - August 2023 -
i have a question, the powercord Shunyata delta EF has enough space on the back cover of the Devialet 220?  Is it easy to close?
Yes, both delta and alpha use the same connector. They fit perfectly under the cover.

Grimm Audio MU1 (Roon+Qobuz)  ~   D220 Pro CI   ~   Magico A5
Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond ethernet; Audioquest Diamond AES/EBU
Speaker Cables: Nordost Tyr  -  Power Cables: Shunyata Alpha EF (D220); Shunyata Alpha NR (Grimm)
Resonance Control: Bassocontinuo (rack); CeraBase slimline (footers)
The Netherlands -                        - August 2023 -