Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Impulsive Annonymous Club
Howdy folks!

There should be one...

I am new on here and hoping to pick up some useful stuff from time to time.

I suffer from 'impulsive purchase disorder' - and I had a very severe attack this week - I am hoping this is not fatal - now I am nervous!

I have been wanting a decent hifi system for many years, but A, my missus hates speakers and electronic bits, and B any spare money seems to go elsewhere.
I have rectified one, but have to overcome the other!

And so, in an idle lunchtime I dipped into the internet world of hifi, and came across enticing reviews on the D200 - before this I had toyed with the idea of Bryston & others, but the D200 seems to tick not only the 'good review' box but also the 'less-is-more' design which is going to make my life easier when presenting the thing to my wife! (NOT looking forward to that!)

..and so without actually arranging a listen to this thing - I ordered one today, alongside (gulp) some rather nice looking Triangle Signature Deltas! ..and they will arrive next week.

OMG - What have I done? Why did I do that! How the heck am I going to smuggle those speakers past my missus?

..and have I made a mistake with the speaker-amp match? Confused

Anyone for a comfort-cuddle?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
Which Devialet have you bought?
I try to resist....
But I have my eye on the D200 + B&W805d
By the way, some dealers are ready to make a small discount now on the D200, does it mean a new model will be announced soon???
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
Hahahahaha

Welcome to the club ted

And thank you for making me laugh because I fully understand where are you coming from.

I suffer from both the impulsive attacks and WAF syndrome

But no need to panick. You made an excellent choice and I know for a fact that the D200 won't disappoint at all. On the contrary it will thrill you and it will also appeal a lot to your wife.

I never listened to the Triangles paired with Devialet but I recall once auditioning them with NAD Master series and they sounded very warm and musical and I see no reason why they won't sound as musical with Devialet, if not better.

Welcome to the forum and keep us all updated on how you smuggle the speakers and on how they sound with your D200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(23-Apr-2015, 16:04)ledesc Wrote: I try to resist....
But I have my eye on the D200 + B&W805d
By the way, some dealers are ready to make a small discount now on the D200, does it mean a new model will be announced soon???

Most likely not until next year at the earliest. Extremely unlikely there'll be updated models this year. There's still improvements via software to come too, with hopefully some big ones in May!
Thanks for the welcome chaps!

Well its done now!

...and for those that feel the price is somewhat significantly higher in the UK as opposed to Euroland (which is is!), there is nothing stopping you buying from say...france!
OK you get one of those euro-plug thingies, but the unit can be switched (I understand) to UK voltage, and it is only a matter of getting a UK plug or whatever...

Hope I am right!
The downside of course is you don't get to audition before you buy, you won't have the luxury of local support as easily, and of course you have to try to speak in 'schoolboy french' which is a riot!
Mind you Google translate can come to the rescue - but sometimes drops some clangers in translation as I found out!

Hang on! Just had a horrible thought!
I hope it doesn't convert the lyrics in my music to...French? Ahh well...just have to stick to instrumentals then!

Then as I said, I have 7 days to concoct a story that sounds feasible for the wife... although she has lived long enough with me to know when I am embellishing the truth, so I may have to 'come clean' and hope my nadgers stay where they should be. If not, I will be inviting all you guys that sympathise to my funeral! Zero-then!

The next week, I just know I am going to be climbing the walls before I find out if I did the right thing....
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
Teddlesdee, i am guessing you don't reside in the euro zone. The discount is probably from exchange rate. I was told devialet work on a 4-5 year product cycle. We are in year 2.5, I think. Still some time till the next arrives. I have heard a few speakers, audio physics tempo is samed, pretty exciting one. I am having zu soul superfly, which can't even fully use the 120w from my 120.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Teddlesdee, welcome to the forum and Devialet family. Your D200 will not disappoint apart from its AIR issue which is not too bad as discussed in the forum if you just play 16/44,1 music,

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

best way to be in as little trouble as possible - try get the set up done when she isnt there! by the time she gets home, get her favourite song/s ready to play on it. tell her to sit down and close her eyes listen for 10 mins.

you will be in the clear as much as possible.

you dont want her to see you playing with them setting them up... the whole wide eyed amazement at the flashy things you are putting in are sure to garner some anger Tongue
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(24-Apr-2015, 06:17)completeluxury Wrote: best way to be in as little trouble as possible - try get the set up done when she isnt there! by the time she gets home, get her favourite song/s ready to play on it. tell her to sit down and close her eyes listen for 10 mins.

you will be in the clear as much as possible.

you dont want her to see you playing with them setting them up... the whole wide eyed amazement at the flashy things you are putting in are sure to garner some anger Tongue

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE