Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The meaning of the word "Devialet" revealed!
The meaning of the word "Devialet" revealed!

Enjoying a listening session with my Devialet so much, suddenly a revelation:
The word "Devialet" is build with the characters of the german words
"viel Detail", what means in english "much details".
And you hear every detail, don't you?

Just kidding, folks....Big Grin
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
Nice idea.

In fact, the name Devialet derives from a fairly obscure 18th-century French writer, De Vialet, who was a friend of Denis Diderot and was involved in the great Encyclopedie project published by Diderot and D'Alembert.

The company chose the name because of the association with enlightenment and truth. And because it's French. And because it sounds good.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(13-Jul-2014, 02:14)Jwg1749 Wrote: Nice idea.

In fact, the name Devialet derives from a fairly obscure 18th-century French writer, De Vialet, who was a friend of Denis Diderot and was involved in the great Encyclopedie project published by Diderot and D'Alembert.

The company chose the name because of the association with enlightenment and truth. And because it's French. And because it sounds good.

Thank you,
that is interesting and nice to know!
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
This one could roll and roll......

For example, I know the meaning of say, Cambridge Audio, which is perhaps an easy one? Staying in Cambridge, Arcam derives from A&R Cambridge, with Cambridge being the university that spawned the original designers. Not to be confused with Acoustic Research, which could be shortened to AR and has links to Cambridge.

But what's a Krell? Who might the first Mr Plinius have been? Can anyone really pronounce Xerexs correctly? Does anyone care? Maybe some do, we'll find out......

I am pretty sure that the name was printed DeVialet when the amp was first announced.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(13-Jul-2014, 09:04)Confused Wrote: This one could roll and roll......

For example, I know the meaning of say, Cambridge Audio, which is perhaps an easy one? Staying in Cambridge, Arcam derives from A&R Cambridge, with Cambridge being the university that spawned the original designers. Not to be confused with Acoustic Research, which could be shortened to AR and has links to Cambridge.

But what's a Krell? Who might the first Mr Plinius have been? Can anyone really pronounce Xerexs correctly? Does anyone care? Maybe some do, we'll find out......

Krell comes from the sci-fi movie forbidden planet and they were a really advanced people that got so advanced that they exterminated themselves Tongue
(13-Jul-2014, 11:58)f1eng Wrote:

I am pretty sure that the name was printed DeVialet when the amp was first announced.

Yes, that would make sense. If so, I think they were wise to move to a lower-case v. Looks less fussy.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London

Hi, I know this is no serious audiophile matter... but as Devialet is about precision, we have to be precise : 
I've been browsing internet for 40 minutes, and checking the whole list of the Encyclopedie's writers... and couldn't find any clue about somebody called "de Vialet" or "de Viallet" or neither "Devialet".

I'm just thinking this "de Viallet 18th century writer" is just a poetic storytelling (and i like it ;-).

Or do you guys have any proof of this writer's existence ? ,-)
dVLA?
(23-May-2015, 22:57)Confused Wrote: dVLA?

Cruella de Vil au lait Tongue
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!