Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The most well produced albums you have: Go
I'm sure between the lot of us - we've heard some exceptional recordings - amazing production value that really tries to do justice to dynamics and space across the instruments (and vocals), and you can find the music able to breathe and have body. This thread is less about your favourite bands/ music, and more about where the music really shines through due to great production/ recording method.

Would love to have this thread grow with inputs from the community. 
Please reply with the albums that you find are exceptional from a production standpoint - format you're listening in, bit rate/ sampling, and a few lines about what production elements really stands out to you.

Michel Godard - A Trace of Grace
Starting off - in my collection, the absolutely most amazing sounding record without doubt is Michel Godard's "A trace of grace" .... it's a tribute to Monteverdi with a jazz meets baroque. The Ensemble instruments comprise of the Serpent, bass, violin, saxophone amongst other instruments. Recorded in the Noirlac Abbey in France - there's so much space for the music to breathe - unbelievable. Every instrument has a massive amount of space, and incredible fidelity from the lowest impact strums to the great attacks from the saxophone & serpent. I've heard some Chesky recordings, but this is in another league in terms of recording excellence. 
Granted the musical complexity is low - but oh how I wish more recordings were given such due care!

I've been playing an HDTracks download at 24bit/ 192kHz. Must listen to tracks - Roma, A trace of grace
Signal path: Macbook Pro (Qobuz/ Vox Player) > Router > CAT 8 Ethernet > Devialet 220 pro > Shunyata Delta speaker cables > Wilson Sabrina speakers

Power path: Wall outlet > Shunyata Delta power cable > Devialet 220 pro
Another wonderful piece of music with great space and clarity of instruments: Jens Chapin, You Han't done nothin. Found on Stereo Hörtest Edition Vol 3.
Listened in 96Khz 24bit.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(28-Jan-2019, 00:48)zambie Wrote: I'm sure between the lot of us - we've heard some exceptional recordings - amazing production value that really tries to do justice to dynamics and space across the instruments (and vocals), and you can find the music able to breathe and have body. This thread is less about your favourite bands/ music, and more about where the music really shines through due to great production/ recording method.

Would love to have this thread grow with inputs from the community. 
Please reply with the albums that you find are exceptional from a production standpoint - format you're listening in, bit rate/ sampling, and a few lines about what production elements really stands out to you.

Michel Godard - A Trace of Grace
Starting off - in my collection, the absolutely most amazing sounding record without doubt is Michel Godard's "A trace of grace" .... it's a tribute to Monteverdi with a jazz meets baroque. The Ensemble instruments comprise of the Serpent, bass, violin, saxophone amongst other instruments. Recorded in the Noirlac Abbey in France - there's so much space for the music to breathe - unbelievable. Every instrument has a massive amount of space, and incredible fidelity from the lowest impact strums to the great attacks from the saxophone & serpent. I've heard some Chesky recordings, but this is in another league in terms of recording excellence. 
Granted the musical complexity is low - but oh how I wish more recordings were given such due care!

I've been playing an HDTracks download at 24bit/ 192kHz. Must listen to tracks - Roma, A trace of grace

I just listened to Roma and I was indeed amazed by the clarity and great soundstage! Thank you for this amazing recommendation!
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(28-Jan-2019, 23:11)blair.athol Wrote: Another wonderful piece of music with great space and clarity of instruments: Jens Chapin, You Han't done nothin. Found on Stereo Hörtest Edition Vol 3.
Listened in 96Khz 24bit.

Ooh - nice has some interesting dynamics around the instruments! Good pick. Thanks for sharing this!!!

My next pick:

Eartha Kitt - Thinking Jazz
Eartha has one helluva voice ... and she brings all of it to the fore in this compilation. Easy listening jazz - uncluttered instrumentation which let's everything shine.
Favourites include My Favourite Valentine (Eartha's rendition - absolutely fascinating dynamics), and You'd be so nice to come home to. The siblance of the drums, the modulation in the voice, piano - all really shine through in the recording.
Got myself a vinyl rip at 16bit/44.1kHz - been looking out for a 24bit version but it's been elusive.
Signal path: Macbook Pro (Qobuz/ Vox Player) > Router > CAT 8 Ethernet > Devialet 220 pro > Shunyata Delta speaker cables > Wilson Sabrina speakers

Power path: Wall outlet > Shunyata Delta power cable > Devialet 220 pro
A couple of suggestions:

Sting; The Soul Cages.

Most of the albums that have use the Q Sound technology or technique sound wonderful. This is the one I like the most, but Roger Water’s Amazed to Death is another one you can try...

Cassandra Wilson, New Moon Daughter

One of her most popular ones. Available in hi res too.

Rachel Podger / Brecon Baroque; Vivaldi Four Seasons

Especially in hi res, very special.

All of these are a very humble proposal; I’m sure some people may think differently about my choices.

Hope this helps, keep adding to the thread, please!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk