Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of Used Reactor 900 - Advice?
Hi!
I have a set of Phantom Golds, and found a good offer for a pair of used Reactor 900’s.  I’m not very familiar with them, so I’m hoping someone from this forum might be able to help...

Are there different generations of the Reactor 900s? (Do they all have wifi, airplay, etc.?)
Can they work in sync with the Phantom Golds? (Like multi-room speakers)
Anything else i should know?

Thanks so much for your help!!!
>>> Are there different generations of the Reactor 900s? (Do they all have wifi, airplay, etc.?)
No the actual generation is the same as the very first one launched to the market. Same features and components.

>>> Can they work in sync with the Phantom Golds? (Like multi-room speakers)
Multi room is not (yet) available if you already run your Golds under the latest operating system DOS2.

>>> Anything else i should know?
it depends if you buy them for the budget or for the dimensions you need to have in order to place them. Have you listened to them in a shop? They sound pretty “small” compared to the Premiers, of course due to the size. If you need them for a small listening environment where Premiers are oversized, the Reactors are a good solution used as a stereo couple. As a single speaker the Reactor is not my piece of cake for music, but it works very well as a Tv speaker for example instead of the classic sound bar + sub.
(25-Apr-2020, 22:33)massi.rav Wrote: >>> Are there different generations of the Reactor 900s? (Do they all have wifi, airplay, etc.?)
No the actual generation is the same as the very first one launched to the market. Same features and components.

>>> Can they work in sync with the Phantom Golds? (Like multi-room speakers)
Multi room is not (yet available) if you already run your Golds under the latest operating system DOS2.

>>> Anything else i should know?
it depends if you buy them for the budget or for the dimensions you need to have in order to place them. Have you listened to them in a shop? They sound pretty “small” compared to the Premiers, of course due to the size. If you need them for a small listening environment where Premiers are oversized, the Reactors are a good solution used as a stereo couple. As a single speaker the Reactor is not my piece of cake for music, but it works very well as a Tv speaker for example instead of the classic sound bar + sub.

Thanks for the reply!
I had understood that under DOS2, I would be able to have the reactors work in tandem and sync with the Phantoms, I believed this was part of the value add of DOS2.
Hello.

Under DOS2 you can avoid using the Dialog, which was the hardware needed to stereo sync Phantom Premiers. This was part of the value of DOS2 over DOS1.

Instead you still cannot create a multi room system with Golds and Reactors (I mean to play them with the same music in different rooms) because the software is not ready yet. This seemed one of your needs right?

Anyway multi room was one of the so gossiped news that the software might implement in the future updates.