Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of upgrading my 400 . . thoughts?
Hey. I am the originally purchaser of an expert 400 back in 2015. I love the system and am happy with it in all aspects. However, recently I have been thinking about upgrading to get what should be like a new system, going to the 440 CI. This would get me new features/functions/sounds as well as fully upgraded interior and another 5 years of warranty.

The price seems reasonable and I do have some concern about an out of warranty failure.

My system is used 80% for music and most of what I listen to is jazz (90%) and classical (10%).

Any reason I shouldn't go ahead and upgrade?
I would take a new frondend streamer or streamer pre. Lumin sounds and looks well together with Experts.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Hy,

upgraded my D400 in Nov-2020 to PRO-CI.

Before, I have the opertunity to compare my 400 with a 440pro-CI at home - after a few minutes the decision was made.

Did not regret it for a second - so go for it Big Grin

atb, Tom
Devialet 440pro CI - TAD CE-1
Antipodes K50
Bauer Audio DPS3 iT/v.d.H Colibri XGP LW
Germany
(08-Apr-2022, 15:41)actx76092 Wrote: Hey.  I am the originally purchaser of an expert 400 back in 2015.  I love the system and am happy with it in all aspects.  However, recently I have been thinking about upgrading to get what should be like a new system, going to the 440 CI.  This would get me new features/functions/sounds as well as fully upgraded interior and another 5 years of warranty.

The price seems reasonable and I do have some concern about an out of warranty failure. 

My system is used 80% for music and most of what I listen to is jazz (90%) and classical (10%).

Any reason I shouldn't go ahead and upgrade?

Have you considered sending your 400 back to Devialet and upgrading to a 440 Pro?  You would get a 5 year warranty to boot. 

I sent my D-Premier back for upgrade to a 250 Pro,  and couldn't be happier.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB