Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This patent got published a few days ago.
(06-Aug-2017, 23:05)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(05-Aug-2017, 08:31)Confused Wrote: A final thought goes out to O'dA owners who might be wondering if the Pro update is worth going for, maybe the unique innards of the Od'A make it something special.  Apparently one dealer has claimed the 1000 Pro sounds 'colder' than the Od'A.  All I can say is that when I read the above, in a strange way what I have been observing living with the 1000 Pro for a few months after the old D800, the words in the patent do actually make sense with respect to explaining the technical improvements behind what I have been hearing, more detail, simply incredible resolution etc.  This seams an odd thing to write, but it does genuinely make sense to me in my strange little head.

As far as I know much of what is described in this patent applies to the O d'A too.

The main difference between 1000 Pro and O d'A (apart fro the obvious colour) is the improved thermal management of the 1k Pro. Other than that everything else is identical. 

Before anyone snaps at me this is what Devialet told me in writing. 

Guillaume

Yes, thinking about this I was wrong in my earlier post  To be honest I was never totally clear as to exactly what the difference is between the O'dA and 1000 Pro, I can recall much conflicting information from a year or so ago.  However, the patent was submitted June 2015, so this is fully consistent with the developments per the patent being used in the O'dA, plus per pictures that are now available the ADH board is clearly different (and more complex) compared the old Expert / D-Premier

I think I was swayed by the memory of this from Devialet:

In 2017, you will also be offered the opportunity to upgrade your Original d’Atelier to our new V6 system through a revamp of its on-board electronics. Your system will receive a new mother board (including a new amplifier Class A, a new Magic Wire and new thermal management), a new architecture to support Devialet OS and a new engraved bottom plate in solid copper.

The strange thing is that I have seen some pictures of the O'dA innards which clearly show 'V6' on the ADH board.  I have also seen pictures that show that the 1000 Pro ADH board does look different to the O'dA, plus the power supply is also revised.

Pictures below are the 1000 Pro, Od'A, and the 'old' expert.  All are different. (Although note the 'Expert' picture is orientated 180deg different to the others) I think it is possible that the ADH differences between the O'dA and Pro could be production differences, they both show 16 lines of IC's, the older picture is clearly different.

1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(07-Aug-2017, 12:50)thumb5 Wrote: Yes, although the patent doesn't explicitly say so, it seems to describe one of the improvements incorporated in the Pro series.

Thanks, Ian.