Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thumb5's system
Good looking speakers! Enjoy!
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Thanks for your kind words, chaps.  I've been planning to write this up for a while but thought it might be a bit strange to finish it without being able to say they'd actually arrived (and post some pics).

(28-Feb-2016, 19:15)Antoine Wrote: I hope your wife likes them as well!

Yes, she does.  The demo pair we saw were all matt black (same finish as the stand in the photos) and did look a bit industrial.  The veneer and gloss finish definitely help to "soften" the look a bit and she was really pleased when we first saw them (a tense moment for both of us Smile ).

(28-Feb-2016, 19:49)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi Ian, could you post a pic of the front baffles?

Yes, of course:

[Image: IMG_0711_zpsg1m6r6x4.jpg]

The drivers are a Mundorf Air Motion Transformer, and a ScanSpeak Illuminator.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Congratulations and happy listening, Thumb! Please let us know when you finish positioning them how you feel about them.

Thanks, best!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Great looking speakers. When I have listened to Kaiser it has always delivered some of the best sound I have ever heard.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Can I say that having just posted about the generally appalling selection of music at the Bristol show, your playlist looks rather good. I'd happily use this playlist myself for equipment evaluation, with a couple of tweaks maybe.

One point about the Spoons track, it is not just about the sub bass, the actual sound of the spoons is an excellent test of upper midrange accuracy and resolution, more air between spoons if you like.

Maybe you could start a little sideline as a hifi show music advisor (or inspector, giving tickets for dodgy music etc.)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Ha ha - thanks! I'd love to hear what you'd change, by the way.

And I'll have another listen to Spoons - thanks for the tip. (Mind you, if it doesn't sound right I'm gonna be upset at this point...)
Warwickshire, UK
The speakers look stunning! And thanks for saving the whole story until the climax, I thought there'd be a long wait. Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Thanks - honestly, my photos aren't even close to doing them justice: the finish is really beautiful. And they are sounding terrific too. It was a long wait after making the decision, but well worth it.
Warwickshire, UK
Wow! Wonderful setup you have there!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Congrats on your upgrade Ian!

Never heard the Chiaras, although from 6moons review it seems to be a very special speaker! I'm always interested to know more about small boutique brand products like this one. Pitty there's no dealer nearby to have a listen!
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy