Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal Amazon Music HD and now Spotify Hi-Fi, wich one?
There´s a war in the streaming services field, happily.

I found this article about a leak from Spotify and the imminent HI-Fi service, and notice a few links with interesting (at least for me...) information about the service provided by the competitors, Amazon, Apple Music and Tidal.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/spotify-hi...398b6cb9a4

I´m a Tidal user but considering the remain offer, and with the quality of reproduction being the priority, i would like to have some feedback from those who have already tested the alternatives.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
I use Qobuz with Roon and am extremely happy with it. Does it have the widest music selection and hi-res? Perhaps not, but one of the most important factors (to me) is that Qobuz provides more reimbursement to the artists than most all other streaming providers. Tidal, Amazon, Apple, and Spotify are all considerably less. Sadly, the best way for artists to make money these days is by performing and merch sales and the pandemic put a huge hurt on that.

I'm not sure how much this matters to most customers of these services, but it should. Of course, we're living in a rapidly evolving music world so who knows where it will all end up.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
If Spotify hifi works with connect I myself would go for it. At least if the sound is as good as with other services.

Regarding the reimbursment to the artists I think it is a littlw difficult to take into account. Yes, Spotify probably has lower per stream. On the other hand they are so much bigger than Qobuz or Tidal. What is best for the artist, 1000 streams on Qobuz or one million on Spotify? Spotify having appr. a 1000 times more users.
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
I agree with the idea that artists are the core of music and some are dealing with serious problems these days, but only a few of them... and we have a lot of tools and means to compensate those talented and less wealthy than the music business sharks.

Anyway, like a good musician who cares about his performance, I seek to admire him as best I can, it's a personal choice and at the same time a tribute. That said, my goal, for now, is to know how to listen to them in the best possible way.

So my question remains: wich service provides the best sound quality?
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.