Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal connect with golds
Hi ,
Connected my rp3 with volumio spdif direct to golds
And Tidal connect option works great.

Any thoughts about sound quality?
My concern is not on Tidal Connect itself, but the optical into the Golds. I prefer using UPnP with Ethernet, which sounded better to me. Using an Android app such as BubbleUPnP, Tidal can be sent directly into the Golds.
The main problem with upnp is its messy ui.
(06-May-2021, 11:40)eladeb Wrote: The main problem with upnp is its messy ui.
I found BubbleUPnP pretty good.

The other alternative is Logitech Media Server (LMS), enable UPnP Bridge & Tidal plugins.  LMS has nice Tidal integration.
Since using rp3 with hifiberrry pro + hat.
Im quite happy with the sound quality.
There no difference compared to roon.
I am using the same setup: Rpi3 with Hifiberry DAC+DSP with Tidal connect. It sounds very good. I am happy.
Stereo Phantom 600's matte black on legs + RPI3 with DAC/DSP-Hifiberry with Allo Nirvana PSU+ MacMini (Roon Core) with Ludic Heimdall Netfilter/PSU
(13-May-2021, 08:10)edgecrush3r Wrote: I am using the same setup: Rpi3 with Hifiberry DAC+DSP with Tidal connect. It sounds very good. I am happy.

I have installed volume on my RPI with Hifiberry Digi+. Output set on Hifiberry Digi+. Everything seems to work, but I get no sound out of my golds. Optical cable connected with one of my golds. Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks!
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
@midi
Did you try to change to optical source on the phantom app right or left?
R u on latest volumio version?
Try go to volumio setting -- playback option and choose HF 🫐 DIGI PRO +