Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal or Qobuz on the Devialet
(13-Mar-2015, 21:13)thumb5 Wrote: I guess you mean by taking the output from the iPad's headphone socket and feeding it directly to a stereo line input on the Devialet?  You could re-configure the "Phono 2" inputs as line inputs, for example.  It might be worth a try, but I'd expect that the sound quality won't be a patch on what you'd get via AIR.  Also, you might have to experiment a bit with signal levels -- be careful with the volume, just in case.

I thinK i will leave it until I get a new streamer/network player. I dont stream very often at all, just to listen to new releases. I will just continue to use the I pad and headphones for this.

My daughter here tonight and the 200 has blown her away too. This was after telling me I was mad to be getting rid of my other gear. She is in awe of the bass on the 200. With her dance music it sounds sublime
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(13-Mar-2015, 21:17)Womaz Wrote:
(13-Mar-2015, 21:13)thumb5 Wrote: I guess you mean by taking the output from the iPad's headphone socket and feeding it directly to a stereo line input on the Devialet?  You could re-configure the "Phono 2" inputs as line inputs, for example.  It might be worth a try, but I'd expect that the sound quality won't be a patch on what you'd get via AIR.  Also, you might have to experiment a bit with signal levels -- be careful with the volume, just in case.

I thinK i will leave it until I get a new streamer/network player. I dont stream very often at all, just to listen to new releases. I will just continue to use the I pad and headphones for this.

My daughter here tonight and the 200 has blown her away too. This was after telling me I was mad to be getting rid of my other gear. She is in awe of the bass on the 200. With her dance music it sounds sublime

Yes, it was sounding like a bit of a fiddle.

Glad to hear the 200 is going down well! Smile
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
If you have an Airport Express (or Apple TV) you can use AirPlay to stream Tidal/Qobuz from your iPad to the 200. You link the AE to the Devialet via the Optical input.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Hi womaz - depending on your timeframe, why not wait for Dialog to work woth your D200? This is expected to provide Qobuz streaming via integration with Spark - sometime around Munich High End Show. My Dialog is currently in a drawer waiting for the firmware upgrade to provide this capability .... With the launch of Qobuz Sublime in the UK imminent, I suspect there's a lot of us on the forum who would like an easy way to stream Qobuz.
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
(13-Mar-2015, 22:53)ZincAlloy Wrote: Hi womaz - depending on your timeframe, why not wait for Dialog to work woth your D200?  This is expected to provide Qobuz streaming via integration with Spark - sometime around Munich High End Show.  My Dialog is currently in a drawer waiting for the firmware upgrade to provide this capability .... With the launch of Qobuz Sublime in the UK imminent, I suspect there's a lot of us on the forum who would like an easy way to stream Qobuz.

Yes this is an option i am considering.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England