Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal: volume reset after every song
Is anyone else having this problem? After every single song, the volume resets to 35 as if it was a new source. Any tips on how to correct this? It’s not a problem with Spotify, just Tidal.
Hi Echo,

Are you using bluetooth? I've had a similar issue running Tidal over bluetooth into a UE boom. In my case every song started at full volume Sad

Unfortunately, at the moment I can't remember what I did to fix it but I'll sleep on it and I'm sure I'll be back with an answer in the morning.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
No, I'm not using BT. Just iPhone --> wifi --> Dialog --> Phantoms. I find that, as between Tidal and Spotify, there are features of both that I like, and on balance, it tips just slightly toward Tidal BUT FOR this volume situation which is a total non-starter. Sad
I have a similar issue when I use my Phantom / Phantoms via Airplay and for instance watch something on Youtube.
After every video the volume jumps back and I need to turn it up again.

Anyone figured out a solution for that?
it is very annoying, basically has stopped me using Tidal. isn't an issue with Spotify, for me.
this would surely be a simple bug to fix, but you get the impression the guys at Devialet don't really give a sh!t......
Have you tried a full factory reset? I've never experienced such a problem with Tidal and haven't heard about it before. Have you contacted Devialet support?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I tried a full reset; it didn't help in my case.

I observed, when I play a video via Airplay on my computer, Spark lists that video named "Airplay" like a song from my personal library.
As soon as a new video is started, the old "Airplay" is deleted from the playlist, and a new "Airplay" is listed.
When that happens, Spark always resets the volume.
However, even if Spark is closed, this happens. Kind of annoying...
Do you use the built in Tidal player in Spark or Tidal via Airplay?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I don't use Tidal so far. But yes, there is the integrated Tidal player in Spark.

For me it concerns Airplay. Even sometimes when I play music in iTunes via Airplay.
So after one track it would set back the volume. But not always. I am yet to find out when it happens and when not.
When I use it for youtube via Airplay, it happens after every video.
Same problem on Deezer, both on browser or Deezer app. No problem on Spotify and iTunes, but for Deezer after every single song volume is reset to 35....