Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titanium tweeter
The mids are supposedly to have a new magnet structure. Read that somewhere.
(01-Jul-2016, 00:42)MountainGuy Wrote: The mids are supposedly to have a new magnet structure. Read that somewhere.

Where?
(01-Jul-2016, 00:57)Gremlin Wrote:
(01-Jul-2016, 00:42)MountainGuy Wrote: The mids are supposedly to have a new magnet structure. Read that somewhere.

Where?

Good question.  I remembered reading that somewhere BUT could simply have remembered wrongly . I do know that someone internal to Devialet shared that the mids will be substantively improved - in part due to software upgrade will be also available to the Silver and White owners. 

I did read that the bass now has more excursion and the treble tweeter has been changed.  So it stands to reason that they would also look at modifying the mids for better results.  But since I can't find the article, I may have remembered wrongly.  Time will tell.
(01-Jul-2016, 04:12)MountainGuy Wrote:
(01-Jul-2016, 00:57)Gremlin Wrote:

Where?

Good question.  I remembered reading that somewhere BUT could simply have remembered wrongly . I do know that someone internal to Devialet shared that the mids will be substantively improved - in part due to software upgrade will be also available to the Silver and White owners. 

I did read that the bass now has more excursion and the treble tweeter has been changed.  So it stands to reason that they would also look at modifying the mids for better results.  But since I can't find the article, I may have remembered wrongly.  Time will tell.

There is a new magnetic drive for the coaxial mid-range driver

http://www.hifi.com.sg/journal/sview.asp?id=798

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
"mids will be substantively improved - in part due to software upgrade will be also available to the Silver and White owners. "
Awesome news !!!! Can't wait for the update !! If they fix that slightly recessed mids for vocals (on certain tracks not all), I will be 100% happy and the Phantoms will be my last speakers ever and this time I mean it :-)
(01-Jul-2016, 12:40)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(01-Jul-2016, 04:12)MountainGuy Wrote:
(01-Jul-2016, 00:57)Gremlin Wrote: Where?

There is a new magnetic drive for the coaxial mid-range driver

http://www.hifi.com.sg/journal/sview.asp?id=798

Guillaume

Thanks Guillaume.  Glad I am not as forgetful as I thought I must be after all.
IIRC Devialet website didn't mention a change in the mids drive...

If the above is true, then I guess we welcome the news.

Thanks.

I will definitely go out and have a listen.
(06-Jul-2016, 16:54)Dvlt PhD Wrote: IIRC Devialet website didn't mention a change in the mids drive...

If the above is true, then I guess we welcome the news.

Thanks.

I will definitely go out and have a listen.

Another one on the list for Mathieu next week I guess....

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
IIRC Mathieu told me SAM is used to correct and linearise the mid range unit as well as the bass from the first units.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire