Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Devialet or not to Devialet
I have been a loyal Spectral owner for years, with no complaints. I have been very satisfied with my DM6 and DMA100 combination that drive my Linn AV5140 speakers beautifully. I use a mac mini as the server, and occasionally use my Naim CD5x. However, every few years I consider a change but haven't been really impressed with anything enough to make the shift. Until I heard the Devialet 200. In most tracks I listened to, it matched my system, but I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. I am now trying to justify making the change. Any advice?
Well Mate, you're on the Devialet Chat site so you will find that most of us will tell you to just go out and get one. Have a browse and you will see a lot of happy people. Just stay away from trying to stream over ethernet...
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(10-May-2015, 11:55)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Well Mate, you're on the Devialet Chat site so you will find that most of us will tell you to just go out and get one. Have a browse and you will see a lot of happy people. Just stay away from trying to stream over ethernet...

I have read through quite a bit on the site, most of it very positive. Just wondering if I am the only one walking away from Spectrals into the world of Devialet......
With this power, clarity and low noise floor with high quality DAC and speaker matching and an evolving system this is one of the best buys in the world of audiophile. Of course it has its own glitches every now and then but still it is one of the best all in one boxes money can buy nowadays.

And listen to your ears and heart and see what they tell you Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I went Spectral > Goldmund > Devialet FWIW
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(10-May-2015, 11:50)Raga Man Wrote: I have been a loyal Spectral owner for years, with no complaints. I have been very satisfied with my DM6 and DMA100 combination that drive my Linn AV5140 speakers beautifully. I use a mac mini as the server, and occasionally use my Naim CD5x. However, every few years I consider a change but haven't been really impressed with anything enough to make the shift. Until I heard the Devialet 200. In most tracks I listened to, it matched my system, but I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. I am now trying to justify making the change. Any advice?

I ordered a D200 coming from Spectral dma200 (after comparing them). The D is on the same level with spectral, not better. But the overall handling of a devialet system is state of the art, I am sick of all these big cables hanging on these expensive dinosaur separates. After having a D in my room, the old system looks totally out of time and technically wrong to me...
(10-May-2015, 21:35)hesi Wrote:
(10-May-2015, 11:50)Raga Man Wrote: I have been a loyal Spectral owner for years, with no complaints. I have been very satisfied with my DM6 and DMA100 combination that drive my Linn AV5140 speakers beautifully. I use a mac mini as the server, and occasionally use my Naim CD5x. However, every few years I consider a change but haven't been really impressed with anything enough to make the shift. Until I heard the Devialet 200. In most tracks I listened to, it matched my system, but I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. I am now trying to justify making the change. Any advice?

I ordered a D200 coming from Spectral dma200 (after comparing them). The D is on the same level with spectral, not better. But the overall handling of a devialet system is state of the art, I am sick of all these big cables hanging on these expensive dinosaur separates. After having a D in my room, the old system looks totally out of time and technically wrong to me...

I concur. These are exactly my toughts. Altough I didnt have Spectral ( but heard the dma 200 several times ), these are the main reasons why I departed from Jadis/Mastersound system. I'm over with tube matching, cables and weight. Plus its upgradable which for me, is the future now! But to be honest, take note of Pim's advice in his post...
Dedicated Mains >Crystal Standard Power Cables >Aurender X100L >Locus Design Essentia USB >D200 >Siltech 330L >Dynaudio C1 Signature
Montréal

Thank you for that response Hesi. It reiterates the reason I am looking for a change. The Spectrals are awesome, and I doubt if I will get much better performance from the Devialet 200. But it will take me into the next century, and reduce the hassle of cables and connectors.

Am planning to go out and buy the D200 today. Will share my experience with it after I listen to it for a while.
(16-May-2015, 09:17)Raga Man Wrote: Thank you for that response Hesi. It reiterates the reason I am looking for a change. The Spectrals are awesome, and I doubt if I will get much better performance from the Devialet 200. But it will take me into the next century, and reduce the hassle of cables and connectors.

Am planning to go out and buy the D200 today. Will share my experience with it after I listen to it for a while
I still think in the "classic amp" category Spectral is the best amp you can buy. But the D200 was surprisingly on the same level. Question is, if there would be a necessary change in speaker cables? I can imagine that there is a perfect matching speaker cable out there. Do you think of cables as well, or do you stick to the ones you have?
(10-May-2015, 12:10)amabrok Wrote: With this power, clarity and low noise floor with high quality DAC and speaker matching and an evolving system this is one of the best buys in the world of audiophile. Of course it has its own glitches every now and then but still it is one of the best all in one boxes money can buy nowadays.

And listen to your ears and heart and see what they tell you Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The speaker matching is an attractive proposition. But I have an old pair of Linn AV5140 speakers. Doubt if I'll get that from their library of speakers.