Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Devialet or not to Devialet
(16-May-2015, 16:51)hesi Wrote:
(16-May-2015, 09:17)Raga Man Wrote: Thank you for that response Hesi. It reiterates the reason I am looking for a change. The Spectrals are awesome, and I doubt if I will get much better performance from the Devialet 200. But it will take me into the next century, and reduce the hassle of cables and connectors.

Am planning to go out and buy the D200 today. Will share my experience with it after I listen to it for a while
I still think in the "classic amp" category Spectral is the best amp you can buy. But the D200 was surprisingly on the same level. Question is, if there would be a necessary change in speaker cables? I can imagine that there is a perfect matching speaker cable out there. Do you think of cables as well, or do you stick to the ones you have?

At the moment, I am staying with the MIT cables that I have used with the spectral amp. The dealer advises this is okay. I look forward to hearing my new Devialet very soon. Will then take a call if I need to change the cable, but I doubt it. At present, my cables have a spade connector, and I need to change this to banana plugs. So while I send the cables to get the change done, I will borrow cables from the dealer and will hopefully be able to compare.