Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atohm GT1 - Any appreciable difference 120 vs 200?
Devialet match the 120 with the GT1 for their ensemble.  Will there be appreciable difference going from 120 to 200 or is the 120 'perfectly matched' in the sense that there is very limited gain by upgrading the amp? 

Thanks!
MtnGuy
I just come back from a listening session, D120/D200 with Atohm GT1 (and CM10 also...).

Unfortunately, I noticed the difference.... Now I know I want a D200.

The D200 was just out of the box, and even in this situation I could feel (I'm not an expert and English is not my mother thongWink) more control generally, not only on the lower frequencies. A broader music scene... Don't know how to express, the D120 was great, but the D200 what just with something special, something more and even the GT1s deserve it.

The source: CD player Teac PD-501HR (coax SPDIF but don't know the cable), Atohm Zef mini for the speakers.

What I listened:
- Pink Floyd - Wish you were here : Shine on you crazy diamond part 1
- Joni Mitchell - Don Juan's reckless daughter : Overture
- Supertramp- Paris : School
- Massive Attack - blue lines : be thankful for what you've got
- William Sheller - En Solitaire : Symphoman....

I really like the GT1s, but I want also to compare with 805d... Wait and see.
And may be if I can convince my wife, I will go for another journey in the column world !!!!
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
Thank you for the informed observation.  Smile

MtnGuy
I have my GT1SEs with the D250. Sounds great! Certainly not an overkill for the speakers.
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

ledesc,

how did you like the CM10?
I just listened to them CM10 because they were there. Very quickly because I'm not looking for floor speakers.
My feeling was that the sound was 'felted' compare to the GT1s, and I was not impressed by the amount of bass I was expecting from such big speakers.
I can't say I didn't like, but something is missing for me.
Beware that my mindset was just to see if I would be not too much frustrated going with small speakers, so maybe I was conditioned too not like it !
Also the room acoustic was dedicated to Home Theater.
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -