Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Elevate (or not)
Seems to have gone rather quiet on the Elevate front. Does this mean the rush has settled down and exchange of Phantoms happens rather quick now and in proper original boxes?

What’s your experience of Elevate and anyone regretting doing this after a few weeks of the upgrade? Is connectivity better now and less dropouts with the later software? What about sound- has it changed at all for better or worse?

Nice to get an update on this please . Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personally I'm very happy with the upgrade. I used to have drop outs every now and then. So far I've had 0 since I got them (had them for a bit over a month now).

The volume control is kind of nice, having possibility to put the speakers in standby mode (just wake them up by putting you hand on each speaker when you want to use them).
Faster start up than my old golds.
So far they haven't lost the setup which my old ones did when I pulled the power (has been a lot of thunder during the last month, even tho the powerlines are protected, well, just prefer some extra safety I guess ^^ )
They do not get warm at all like my old ones.

Can't speak for any change in sound quality.
Much more stable, they stay cool and after a rather long break in period they sound great. Tight, not as boomy as the old Gold. I am surprisingly positive.
I'm glad I upgraded through Elevate for all the reasons mentioned above. No issues setting up and operating through WiFi. Overall, the Phantoms now work the way I always hoped they would. It's a fair trade and was a nice surprise the program was available. Some platforms move forward and leave early adopters behind with outdated equipment.
(07-Jul-2021, 22:09)Deezel Wrote: Personally I'm very happy with the upgrade. I used to have drop outs every now and then. So far I've had 0 since I got them (had them for a bit over a month now).

The volume control is kind of nice, having possibility to put the speakers in standby mode (just wake them up by putting you hand on each speaker when you want to use them).
So far they haven't lost the setup which my old ones did when I pulled the power (has been a lot of thunder during the last month, even tho the powerlines are protected, well, just prefer some extra safety I guess ^^ )

how do you use the standby mode? when i press the top off the remote they turn of. to turn them on i have to press te button on the back off the phantom. how do i use the mode that i can touch the top of the phantom?
(09-Jul-2021, 20:03)Ebro Wrote:
(07-Jul-2021, 22:09)Deezel Wrote: Personally I'm very happy with the upgrade. I used to have drop outs every now and then. So far I've had 0 since I got them (had them for a bit over a month now).

how do you use the standby mode? when i press the top off the remote they turn of. to turn them on i have to press te button on the back off the phantom. how do i use the mode that i can touch the top of the phantom?

Well, you need to pretty much get the palm the "right" way, otherwise they might not react. Apart from that, AFAIK it's not any special setting. I use my right palm just above the "D" at the front, fingers facing left. You will notice the light at the back start flashing when you get it right, after a few seconds you will hear a noise and the speakers are ready to go. You need to wake both up.
(11-Jul-2021, 18:52)Deezel Wrote:
(09-Jul-2021, 20:03)Ebro Wrote:

Well, you need to pretty much get the palm the "right" way, otherwise they might not react. Apart from that, AFAIK it's not any special setting. I use my right palm just above the "D" at the front, fingers facing left. You will notice the light at the back start flashing when you get it right, after a few seconds you will hear a noise and the speakers are ready to go. You need to wake both up.

I will try this. Thx for the response
(11-Jul-2021, 21:29)Ebro Wrote:
(11-Jul-2021, 18:52)Deezel Wrote:
(09-Jul-2021, 20:03)Ebro Wrote: how do you use the standby mode? when i press the top off the remote they turn of. to turn them on i have to press te button on the back off the phantom. how do i use the mode that i can touch the top of the phantom?

I touched every spot on the phantom but it does nothing. How do you put them in standby? I use the remote. Maybe the rote turns them off and not in standby?
(12-Jul-2021, 17:19)Ebro Wrote:
(11-Jul-2021, 21:29)Ebro Wrote:
(11-Jul-2021, 18:52)Deezel Wrote: Well, you need to pretty much get the palm the "right" way, otherwise they might not react. Apart from that, AFAIK it's not any special setting. I use my right palm just above the "D" at the front, fingers facing left. You will notice the light at the back start flashing when you get it right, after a few seconds you will hear a noise and the speakers are ready to go. You need to wake both up.

I touched every spot on the phantom but it does nothing. How do you put them in standby? I use the remote. Maybe the rote turns them off and not in standby?

I just press the top of the remote to put them in stand-by. I just put the palm on it, like I did when setting up the system, to wake them again.
(12-Jul-2021, 23:06)Deezel Wrote:
(12-Jul-2021, 17:19)Ebro Wrote:
(11-Jul-2021, 21:29)Ebro Wrote: I will try this. Thx for the response

I just press the top of the remote to put them in stand-by. I just put the palm on it, like I did when setting up the system, to wake them again.
Hmm so weird that it won't work when i do it.
Thanks for the information.