Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Elevate (or not)
tl;dr ... bought upgrade for two speakers, shipped two speakers, and only got one upgraded speaker in return.

I ordered the "SILVER PHANTOM > PHANTOM I 108 DB" upgrade on June 13th for two speakers, which I bought when the originally came out. Received the boxes to return the speakers back to Devialet shortly thereafter. 

Printed the labels and packaged everything up. Since the destination was Evry and I live in the US there were also three customs forms for each box that I printed. I wasn't sure where the forms should go and went to the local UPS store to drop everything off instead of having UPS pick it up at my house. I got a receipt for the two packages.

Next few days tracking status on the original tracking number doesn't change and I open a ticket with Devialet. Low and behold I get an official email that the delivery arrived at their location. I go back and look at the receipt I got from UPS and the tracking nr. differs from the label I printed originally. When I enter that tracking number it shows a successful delivery to Evry (doesn't show how many packages though.) A couple of days later I get a notification that a shipment from France to my home is on its way. I am all excited. 

Unfortunately the delivery is one box containing one 108 db, and I have yet to receive the second 108 db.

Support has been unresponsive via email. Called their US customer service line today, emailed documentation, and the person said they he would forward my info to France for further investigation.

Let's see how that goes. At least the shipment via UPS was ensured for 840 euro so at least there is that.

It's now quite how I imagined the process of upgrading would unfold. The single 108 db sounds great though.
Hi rschumak

I Hope you get the second speaker soon.  I don't think my tracking numbers ever changed throughout the whole process which does seem odd (I'm in the UK though). The packages to and from France were always tracked as two separate parcels.

My speakers ended up stuck at the French UPS depot on the way to Devialet for 17 days - I'm still not sure why - like you, I wasn't sure where to put the 3 required copies of documentation - so I put them in a separate UPS clear cover on the box next to the dispatch label.

Every day the package was scanned at the UPS depot in France, but tracking information just kept saying delivery date unknown. You couldn't actually speak to a person on the phone at UPS in France plus I don't speak French, so I contacted Devialet who did respond quickly and we got this sorted.

I did have to send them copies of the 3 documents that I had attached to the boxes. My return speakers only took 2 days to arrive once this was sorted and I'm very pleased with them.

I found Devialet in France to be very helpful so hopefully you will get this sorted.

Kantblue

PS I can't get my speakers to wake up from standby using my palm on the top either - this doesn't bother me much as I think over time it might mark the speaker tops - I have greasy palms Smile
Anyone else received this email?

Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage