Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To update or not update
Hi Guys,

I've been pondering over the last couple of weeks whether to take the plunge and update my Phantoms.

There was so much negativity about the new update I decided to just upgrade my Spark app and not the Phantoms themselves. Hence I'm still on the old firmware, but every time I switch them on, the Spark app offers the choice to do a system upgrade.

So what is the general consensus here, after everybody has settled down with the update? Upgrade or not?

Also today, I received an email from Devialet about a new system update. How has this worked out for everybody and has it put to rest some of the problems the doubters had?

I would be interested to hear your views please.
Hi stonedragon,
When it is important for you to keep the progression of the volume control as it is (was) you should keep the old firmware. 10 is now 35 which gives you better control for quiet listening. But unfortunately what used to be 10-90 before is now squeezed between 35-75. Above of 75 volume-vise its hardly getting louder. Between 65-75 the volume progression is so steep that it is very difficult for me to find the right volume.
Else not much has changed, except the setup e.g. naming of optical inpups can now be made without going through the entire setup procedure. The latest update, as far as I could test so far (not very much) regained stability, but this you get by using the new SPARK version.
Gap-free playing is still not possible.
So basically you can choose between getting used to the new progressive volume control or the update nag screen.
I always go for the update.
But if you are happy and completed with the sound of your Phantoms then I should advise you not to. Smile if you know what I mean

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net