Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toasted Power Filter Board
(13-Aug-2015, 12:59)Manoet Wrote: Thank you! One more question if I may: did your bottom lift off and separate from the digital board like the one in video or did the digital board come away with bottom, held in place by the blue heat transfer pad under it?
No worries! The digital board came away with the bottom, as you say likely held there by the pad - I figured that was meant to happen, and was just extra careful when lining up the pins when I reassembled it.
Devialet 200, MacMini, Roon control via iPad, B&W CM10 S2 Speakers.
Thanks again Vincent and I would've expected it to have done that as mine did too.

Rufus-
Mine worked the same way as yours but in the video it pulled away from the board underside so easily. Now I'm thinking it was 'staged' and the pad really wasn't adhered to that board at all prior to being separated from it.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
It's quite surprising to see no ESD protection used (in the video), especially when handling the replacement board before it's installed. Not sure whether to read that as confidence in a robust design, or just cavalier lack of concern!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I had this Problem too with my D400. It also smelled when only attached the current (without switching it on).
Soundlike it was ok all the time but it smelled for weeks. Then 2 months later it stoppped to smell. But then after 2 weeks the Slave began to smell.
So i sent both to Devialet and they "replaced an element on the filter board". So no idea if the whole board has been replaced or only an element on it.
But repair was only 2 days ....i never expected :-)
All is powered by 1x PS Audio P10 on Audioquest NRG-4's. All speakercables are Anticables Level3.
Stereo-Setup:  Roon->Auralic Aries->AQ USB Coffee->Devialet 400->Magico S3
Movie/5.0-Setup: Denon DBT-3313UD->AQ HDMI Diamond->Datasat RS20i->1xDB25>4xXLR Vovox textura IC digital 110Ω AES/EBU custom multipair->D400(Fronts L/R Magico S3), D200(center mono Piega Premium Large), D200(rears L/R Magico S1). The fourth XLR is not used yet (channel 7+8).

They're really missing a trick with this. They could add scented oil capsules to make the smell more pleasant, and perhaps enhance the listening experience.
(20-Aug-2015, 15:43)Rufus McDufus Wrote: They're really missing a trick with this. They could add scented oil capsules to make the smell more pleasant, and perhaps enhance the listening experience.

I think I read somewhere that the next Firmware upgrade will include "scented sound" Big Grin .

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(20-Aug-2015, 19:44)brit Wrote:
(20-Aug-2015, 15:43)Rufus McDufus Wrote: They're really missing a trick with this. They could add scented oil capsules to make the smell more pleasant, and perhaps enhance the listening experience.

I think I read somewhere that the next Firmware upgrade will include "scented sound" Big Grin .

David
Already been done......

http://www.kef.co.uk/www/KEFTalk/KTMAR14...nline.html
(20-Aug-2015, 20:15)Confused Wrote:

David
Already been done......

Ah the sweet smell of KEF Smile.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(20-Aug-2015, 20:15)Confused Wrote:

David
Already been done......

Was that released on April 1st by any chance?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Exactly the same thing happened to me. Strong smell of burned electronics with little degradation to the sound, or so it seems.

I would like to fix this myself more than returning the unit to France for a two minute job.

Thanks for sharing