Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tone Controls Range?
Hi All

Does anyone know what range the devialet tone controls cover?  By this I mean when I set the bass tone in configurator control at 100hz, for example, how far either side of 100hz does the tone control effect.  For example does a 100hz tone control actually lift between 50-150hz and at one point does it roll off?  Anyone have any idea about this?

Thanks

Nick
Devialet 220 pro, Monitor Audio PL500 II
From what I understand, the set frequency is the point from where the tone control start to affect the sound - it is not the midfrequency. Example if you set the treble frequency at 10kHz the control will affect the sound from 10kHz and up, if you set the bass frequency at 200Hz it will affect the sound from 200Hz and down. I have not found information regarding the characteristics of the tone control, though.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
BjornWiman Wrote:From what I understand, the set frequency is the point from where the tone control start to affect the sound - it is not the midfrequency. Example if you set the treble frequency at 10kHz the control will affect the sound from 10kHz and up, if you set the bass frequency at 200Hz it will affect the sound from 200Hz and down. I have not found information regarding the characteristics of the tone control, though.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
Hi BjornWiman
Thanks that's great info, I wasn't aware of that.  I had assumed it was a midpoint.
Thanks
Nick
Devialet 220 pro, Monitor Audio PL500 II
As far as I understand from Devialet Support, on configurator the "Tone Control Frequency Adjustment" menu can be used in order to set the boost/cut off frequency of the bass and treble tone control. When adjusting these values, the turnover frequencies for bass and treble tone control are automatically adjusted by software (but I don't know how is doing this).