Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torus Tot
I purchased a Torus Tot for my Devialet and so far I'm very happy with it. The transformer based solution to power makes a lot of sense.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(30-Jul-2017, 18:17)AaronG Wrote: I purchased a Torus Tot for my Devialet and so far I'm very happy with it. The transformer based solution to power makes a lot of sense.

What model did you buy?
They just have for 120volts, right?
The sound difference, is it fairly audible?
I bought the basic Tot. 7 Amps and 120 Volts. I think they make them for 220 as well. It sounds like it did when it sounded its best -- evenings and weekends -- all of the time.

(30-Jul-2017, 19:11)AaronG Wrote: I bought the basic Tot. 7 Amps and 120 Volts. I think they make them for 220 as well. It sounds like it did when it sounded its best -- evenings and weekends -- all of the time.

So, there´s no difference in sound, no matters is day or night.
But didi you feel a improvement from the very beginning?
I´m searching for something, i don´t know what, to "clean" my system sound. Somedays it sounds great, others not so much.
That´s why i´m asking.
(30-Jul-2017, 19:15)BoyScout Wrote:
(30-Jul-2017, 19:11)AaronG Wrote: I bought the basic Tot. 7 Amps and 120 Volts. I think they make them for 220 as well. It sounds like it did when it sounded its best -- evenings and weekends -- all of the time.

I´m searching for something, i don´t know what, to "clean" my system sound. Somedays it sounds great, others not so much.
That´s why i´m asking.

I'm not familiar with the Torus Tot, but a power conditioner I've had great success with is the PI Audio UberBuss.     It's run by Dave Elledge - great guy.   If you google UberBuss, you'll like find lots of feedback.   US based.    His website is PIAudioGroup.com.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(30-Jul-2017, 23:11)mdconnelly Wrote: I'm not familiar with the Torus Tot, but a power conditioner I've had great success with is the PI Audio UberBuss.     It's run by Dave Elledge - great guy.   If you google UberBuss, you'll like find lots of feedback.   US based.    His website is PIAudioGroup.com.

Thanks,
I´ll check it .
You can also check Core Power Technologies 1800 unit. I just saw it at California Audio Show and read bunch of user reviews. Looks like there's a free trial available including shipping if you are in US.
I bought Furman unit couple of weeks ago and am very happy, but a few folks have told me that either Shunyata Denali or core power unit can easily bring substantial improvements over Furman.
I have heard great things about Torus RM20 unit as well.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(31-Jul-2017, 04:28)sam1000 Wrote: You can also check Core Power Technologies 1800 unit. I just saw it at California Audio Show and read bunch of user reviews.  Looks like there's a free trial available including shipping if you are in US.
I bought Furman unit couple of weeks ago and am very happy, but a few folks have told me that either Shunyata Denali or core power unit can easily bring substantial improvements over Furman.
I have heard great things about Torus RM20 unit as well.

I saw it already. Excellent stuff, looks fantastic and has very good reviews.
I think i need to try one or two just to evaluate the kind of interference they produce.
But i´m affraid i´ll take a look at european products, easyer to find with the proper sockets and to try.
(30-Jul-2017, 19:15)BoyScout Wrote:

That´s why i´m asking.

I don't hear an improvement over when the Devialet sounds good -- i.e. evening when the giant biotech firms in my neighborhood are sending out less hash over the grid -- but the sound is now pretty good at any hour. I have dedicated outlets in my house as well. I was impressed by the Stereophile review since maintaining good sound in Mexico City is harder than where I live. And the technology is straightforward which I like -- power conditioners and cables that promise great improvements but don't explain how or why are not my thing. I bought the cheapest TOT since I don't need voltage regulation, the one in the review is fancier.

I just installed a Torus TOT Max, the improvement on Phantom is substantial even with dedicated power line and good grounding already implemented, in a residential area with fairly new power line infrastructure.