Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toslink latency issue
Hey guys,
since yesterday I'm a proud owner of two silver Phantoms with dialogue. The sound is great, but I want to use my Phantoms with my TV and now face the obviously well known lip sync issue. I already read all threads on this topic, but there are some contradicting bits of information that I don’t understand. So it would be great if you could help me with the following questions:

1. Does the issue still exist? There are users claiming that they don’t have any latency at all, others still complain. Is this even possible, for the problem should affect all combinations of Phantom with TV, right?

2. Devialet still promises to deliver a home cinema update. Is there any chance that this is a software solution? From what I understand, we need a new dialogue with HDMI input that slows down the video signal to sync up with the audio. The only software solution I can imagine would be turning off all DSP when connected to a TV, but this would result in bad sound quality.

3. Does is make any difference if I plug in the Toslink into of one Phantoms instead of the dialogue?

4. Is there any affordable device to overcome the problem, which is not super expensive or ruins the beautiful simplicity of the system?

5. If TV connection is important for me, would you suggest giving the Phantoms back or is there a chance that we see a significant improvement within the next months?

Thanks in advance!
I am watching TV right now with absolutely no noticeable lip sync issue.

I guess that it could be due to a TV with slightly "slow" picture processing that somehow end up being extremely close to the Phantoms' delay?
(23-Jun-2016, 22:08)EvPa Wrote: I am watching TV right now with absolutely no noticeable lip sync issue.

I guess that it could be due to a TV with slightly "slow" picture processing that somehow end up being extremely close to the Phantoms' delay?
Hmm, that might be a reason. I have a Sony with very fast processing (good for gaming). On the other hand, should not the optical output of the TV be synchronized to its picture, so the Phantom lag is always on top? Or do you take the sound from a reciever prior to the TV? Or do I miss something?
(24-Jun-2016, 08:27)Waldstorch Wrote: Hmm, that might be a reason. I have a Sony with very fast processing (good for gaming). On the other hand, should not the optical output of the TV be synchronized to its picture, so the Phantom lag is always on top? Or do you take the sound from a reciever prior to the TV? Or do I miss something?

I have never really researched the issue but my Samsung 55H8000's optical out is connected to my left Silver Phantom.