Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn off the WiFi
How do you turn off the WiFi?
You can disable the wi-fi by using the advanced configurator. Clicking on the wifi symbol (underneath the WiFi settings menu) it will toggle it between enabled and disabled. The colour of the down-pointing arrow under the WiFi menu label changes from orange (enabled) to grey (disabled). The same principle works for other inputs/outputs.

There's also an option in the phono settings menu, advanced settings, to automatically put the wifi interface in standby (which I think disables the transmitter) when a phono input is selected. This is because when the wifi is not associated with an AP it can cause a low-level ticking noise in one channel. I have the wifi generally enabled but with this auto-standby option for phono selected.

Hope that helps!

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(10-Sep-2014, 23:12)thumb5 Wrote: You can disable the wi-fi by using the advanced configurator. Clicking on the wifi symbol (underneath the WiFi settings menu) it will toggle it between enabled and disabled. The colour of the down-pointing arrow under the WiFi menu label changes from orange (enabled) to grey (disabled). The same principle works for other inputs/outputs.

There's also an option in the phono settings menu, advanced settings, to automatically put the wifi interface in standby (which I think disables the transmitter) when a phono input is selected. This is because when the wifi is not associated with an AP it can cause a low-level ticking noise in one channel. I have the wifi generally enabled but with this auto-standby option for phono selected.

Hope that helps!

Ian
Mahalo!