Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24/192 in DOS2?
Hi, I also like the DOS2 upgrade and definitely feel the sound improvement.
I am little bit confused by some comments that DOS2 can’t play 24/192. Is that right? My current setup is BluesoundNode2–(Toslink)->Phantom Goldsx2. I use Roon on my laptop and use the BluesoundNode2 as my Roon endpoint. I only stream from Qobuz.
If the above setup can’t play 24/192, how can I change my setup to play 24/192??
(16-Nov-2019, 16:46)birrr Wrote: Hi, I also like the DOS2 upgrade and definitely feel the sound improvement.
I am little bit confused by some comments that DOS2 can’t play 24/192. Is that right? My current setup is BluesoundNode2–(Toslink)->Phantom Goldsx2. I use Roon on my laptop and use the BluesoundNode2 as my Roon endpoint. I only stream from Qobuz.
If the above setup can’t play 24/192, how can I change my setup to play 24/192??
You can play 24/192 via toslink or UPnP, AirPlay does not support high resolution audio.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Playing 24/102 via upnp just causes dropouts in audio i thought my files were corrupted. after checking the files were ok and seems to be a bug. Tried with various upnp apps and the result is always the same.
(26-Nov-2019, 12:45)frogster99 Wrote: Playing 24/102 via upnp just causes dropouts in audio i thought my files were corrupted. after checking the files were ok and seems to be a bug. Tried with various upnp apps and the result is always the same.
Most certainly this is a network issue. Streaming 24/192 might be too much for your setup. I have all wired and works flawlessly.
(26-Nov-2019, 15:28)Karl Marx Wrote:
(26-Nov-2019, 12:45)frogster99 24/102 Wrote: spelen via upnp veroorzaakt alleen drop-outs in audio, ik dacht dat mijn bestanden beschadigd waren. na controle waren de bestanden in orde en lijkt een bug te zijn. Geprobeerd met verschillende upnp-apps en het resultaat is altijd hetzelfde.
Zeker is dit een netwerkprobleem. 24/192 streamen kan te veel zijn voor uw installatie. Ik heb alles bedraad en werkt perfect.

how do you use qobuz or tidal and internet radio?
(26-Nov-2019, 12:45)frogster99 Wrote: Playing 24/102 via upnp just causes dropouts in audio i thought my files were corrupted. after checking the files were ok and seems to be a bug. Tried with various upnp apps and the result is always the same.

Audirvana 3.5.26 on a Mac is streaming 24/192 programme to my Phantom Golds (fw 2.8.3) with no problems.  When trying to stream via Roon over UPnP using the SonoreUPnP Bridge however the track stops playing after some random amount of time, usually 2-3 minutes.  The fact that Audirvana works without problem suggests that this is a problem (maybe buffer size related?) with the SonoreUPnP Bridge and not the Phantoms.
(26-Nov-2019, 15:31)Johnnydev Wrote:
(26-Nov-2019, 15:28)Karl Marx Wrote:
(26-Nov-2019, 12:45)frogster99 24/102 Wrote: spelen via upnp veroorzaakt alleen drop-outs in audio, ik dacht dat mijn bestanden beschadigd waren. na controle waren de bestanden in orde en lijkt een bug te zijn. Geprobeerd met verschillende upnp-apps en het resultaat is altijd hetzelfde.
Zeker is dit een netwerkprobleem. 24/192 streamen kan te veel zijn voor uw installatie. Ik heb alles bedraad en werkt perfect.

how do you use qobuz or tidal and internet radio?

I am using Audirvana 3.5 and Tidal is integrated and works great, I think Qobuz and others too.