Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airplay 2 timing question
(25-Nov-2019, 20:57)struts Wrote:
(23-Nov-2019, 14:47)pabfou Wrote: My Phantoms do not have Airplay, but I had understood that devialet was going to add support for Airplay 2 in DOS 2 across all the Phantom range. 
Is that correct?  Do we know when DOS 2 will provide Airplay 2 capabilities? 

The official line: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...nd-Phantom-

This does not explicitly state that the support will be retrospective to some or all existing units, however the statement "We will communicate to all our users when Airplay 2 is supported on Phantom. " could be taken to imply that this news will be relevant to "all our users" so let's go with the optimistic interpretation!

That's what I am hoping. But I have reached out to Devialet to see if they could clarify. Will post the answer if I get a response.
(23-Nov-2019, 16:44)struts Wrote:
(23-Nov-2019, 14:47)pabfou Wrote: My Phantoms do not have Airplay, but I had understood that devialet was going to add support for Airplay 2 in DOS 2 across all the Phantom range. 
Is that correct?  Do we know when DOS 2 will provide Airplay 2 capabilities? 

No, although I have seen several forum members state that they believe this will be Devialet's top priority once they have stabilised DOS 2 and resolved the current balance and sync problems.  Whether they have heard this from sources at Devialet (official or unofficial) or whether it is just speculation based on AirPlay 2's market significance is unclear.  Devialet rarely comment on future release dates and when they do they are usually wrong anyway!

One rep said airplay 2 timing was looking to be around early next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk